weaver superslam 3x15x42

jjp

Hey guys, i am looking at the weaver super slam for my 6.5x284 deer rifle.
I like the power range and it sounds like a deasent scope, but i am wondering how they track, i hunt in Wisconsin and shots are limited to around 200yrds or so, but i enjoy shooting long range and want something that is reliable.
Thanks for any imput.

Can't comment directly to the superslam but can tell you that their target, classic V16, and classic extreme's track flawlessly. I have heard the classic extreme and the superslam uses the same turret system so if this is true you should be good to go. Weaver has always had very good turret systems and are known for their tracking abilities in their target versions.

HTH,

JJP, the Super Slam you want is a very good scope, tracks well and glass is darn good, bright and clear.

I assume this Weaver Super Slam model sells for around $480 or higher, depending on reticle in it. If you don't mind paying about $218 to $240 for this scope you may want to buy a Nitrex by Weaver version of it.

Nitrex and Weaver both owned by ATK....Nitrex TR2 scopes are Weaver Super Slams.....have same glass and internals.....both made by LOW of Japan.

I have two of the Nitrex TR2s, one is same 3-15x42 SF with pullup turrets you want. Outstanding scope....anyone who has evaluated my Nitrex at range has been very impressed with it. I've played around with mine at range on several different centerfire rifles....so lots of time spent with scope, playing with adjustments and etc., which perform quite well. Only knock on scope is it is on the heavy side.

Number of Nitrex models have been discontinued and seems Natchez has Nitrex inventory to sell at reduced prices.....Nitrex has a Rebate of $100 on TR2 models and $50 on TR1s (weaver Grand Slam). Check this natchez webpage, where you can find all Nitrex. Nitrex warranty is handled thru Weaver.

Nitrex TR Two 3-15X42mm Rifle Scope Matte Finish TrexPlex Reticle - Natchez Shooters Supplies TR Two 3-15X42mm Rifle Scope Matte Finish TrexPlex Reticle

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts