Weatherby Element - Turkey choke

Power

Just picked up (well, soon after new 10 day WA gun jail) this shotgun in 12g.

Anyone use this for turkeys? Finally graduating from my trusty and rusty Rem 870 pump. My first semi-auto shotgun.

Also any ammo suggestions? I already have a pile of turkey loads but always looking to try something better.

I have the older weatherby sa-459 turkey model and it's been very reliable. It does kick like a mule though! I'm not sure if the element has the same components or not though. Have you had good luck with it so far?

I have the older weatherby sa-459 turkey model and it's been very reliable. It does kick like a mule though! I'm not sure if the element has the same components or not though. Have you had good luck with it so far?
Haven't actually shot the gun yet but plan to this weekend. Hopefully patterns well enough for turkeys!

That should be a good one. Pair the choke up with some long beard xrs and I'd be shocked if it didn't shoot to 50-60. I prefer 5s but have shot 6s as well.
Absolutely! If you are not going the TSS route then Winchester LB with the shot size of your preference matched with that choke tube will work great.
already have a pile of turkey loads but always looking to try something better.
The only thing I have found that patterns better than Winchester LB is TSS. Once you shoot either of them you won't touch any of the other stuff. Trust me I have plenty of boxes that will never be used.

Thanks everyone. Not sure what TSS is exactly, usually I like 2oz #5 Winchester as that have been good in everything I've tried with previous guns. But not against searching for better so once I know what TSS stands for I'll grab a box to try.

Thanks everyone. Not sure what TSS is exactly, usually I like 2oz #5 Winchester as that have been good in everything I've tried with previous guns. But not against searching for better so once I know what TSS stands for I'll grab a box to try.
Once you see the price you will change your mind pretty quickly on the TSS.
Very popular in 28,410 and 20 gauge but I wouldn't bother with it in a 12.
TSS 3" for my 20 gauge was about $50 for a box….. of 5!

Ya... Not going to use TTS. The Winchester lead #5s are good enough to 40+ yards for me and didn't feel a need to shot out to 70 yards at over $10/shell. I do have handful of different shells for testing including a box of Hevi-shot so will settle with what I have.