Turkey hunting question

Gundog74

So I read a turkey post and got wondering, would it be ok to ask to trade a turkey hunt with someone in another state? Not that I'm a great hunter or turkeys are easy to get. I sure can dumb it up. I'm no grand slam hunter I just enjoy it. Just offer to take someone on a hunt on my property for them to take me on a hunt on their property. Of coarse there's the safety aspect, do others take the precautions that I do and the reverse. Tags here in WV are over the counter not sure what other states do. Would it even be ethical or legal? Do others even hunt like I do?
I do not hunt public ground, for safety concerns. I may hunt out of a blind one day and "run and gun" the next. Set in the woods or watch a field. I use a 12 gauge shotgun with tss #9 shot with a red dot sight. Not afraid to shoot 60 yards.
Just curious of what you all think

Post it in the swap a hunt section! Lots of die hard turkey hunters love to travel to hunt a different state. I'm in western Pa and hunt public land for turkey and haven't had any issues with other hunters but have quite a few different spots if a vehicle is parked.
I wouldn't mind taking you along with me if that's of interest to you. OTC tags but our season ends Memorial Day.
I'm not looking to trade, just a offer. PM if interested
2022 spring gobbler. No luck yet in 2023

Attachments

• A5DC737A-2224-4892-9DB4-762D8041F66A.jpeg
    A5DC737A-2224-4892-9DB4-762D8041F66A.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Yes happens all the time in the swap section or get to know some of the like minded turkey hunters here. Build a friendship and go hunt together no expectations just a good time in the woods in new areas and new friends

Thanks

Buck

Yes happens all the time in the swap section or get to know some of the like minded turkey hunters here. Build a friendship and go hunt together no expectations just a good time in the woods in new areas and new friends

Thanks

Buck
Ok thanks. Sounds good

Recent Posts