Want a canoe, know nothing about them

IMG_1120.jpeg
IMG_0395.jpeg
I am a river rat. A couple of pics of some of the river vessels.

I'd like to get a canoe. Float, camp and fish down smaller, somewhat quick rivers. Possibly some lake use but not likely or often. Some duck hunting but for that it'll mostly just be walked beside and used to keep the kid and decoys in.

What type or style am I looking for? Aluminum, plastic or fiberglass? Will be transported on top of SUV and loaded up there, mostly with little to no help.

Any advice is appreciated.
Pay your local sporting goods a visit and check out their offerings. They can provide you with pertinent information based on your needs and budget, etc.

I like that Vessel on the deck. Really nice fishing/trapping/shooting rig! Does it have steering with foot pedals?
No pedals. I go to a lot of skinny water in places with rapids and rocks. Pedals wouldn't last long. Last weekend was the first paddle with the Shoalie. It is longer and heavier than the CK1, but it also a more stable and great tracking kayak. I'm really impressed with Crescent kayaks. Great price point and ready to get out in the rivers.

The Native Ultimate is a canoe/kayak hybrid and probably my favorite piece of gear. I can hit a larger lake with it as long as the wind isn't creating chop/wakes. My limit is about 10MPH or so. But on rivers and other shallow waters, it's a killer rig. I use it to fish and hunt, it carries 400lbs and weighs 85. I have a super nice fiberglass canoe that is a rocketship on the water, but I haven't used it in years because the Native is so great.

No pedals. I go to a lot of skinny water in places with rapids and rocks. Pedals wouldn't last long. Last weekend was the first paddle with the Shoalie. It is longer and heavier than the CK1, but it also a more stable and great tracking kayak. I'm really impressed with Crescent kayaks. Great price point and ready to get out in the rivers.
I like the configuration. I saw a lot of fishing Kayaks when I lived in Hawaii. Some had foot paddles for steering. I knew friends thar would go out and hookup to a big Yellow Fin or Alua - Great Trevally and pull them around for hours trying to get them to the kayak.
I wish I could get back into that. Time has passed me buy with other adventures!
Good luck and post some stories and pics of future fishing in that rig!

"Any advice is appreciated"

Buy, used.
YES
Best time to buy a boat is in the FALL for areas that have cold weather. You can get a boat that is several years old and not used for 1/2 the price of new. There is a lot of people that get the urge to buy a boat and fish and then loose interest.
I remember years ago when we had a drought here in GA. All the Lakes were down and floating dock were on the ground. Lake Lanier had a thousand slips empty of if you didn't get your boat out it was on the dirt. It was to a point where there we so many boats for sale, owners were almost giving them away.
It is all timing and looking for a deal - Craigs List is a good place to start. Be ready to BARGIN and have "CASH" in your hand when making an offer.