Nothing for Granted

Little younger than your Dad but little older than most. Spent the morning with my son and grandsons shooting, just plinking. Spend hunting season with the same characters and these days are the lights of both my wife's and my life. Just to be remembered and included is so great.
So, sir I can guarantee that you Guys made your Dad very happy and proud. And my hats off to you for taking the time to do so. Shoot straight and be safe

Ill keep this short as possible. Had my dad (aged 81) down to shoot today. I put together a LR package for him: Savage 110 Backcountry in 6.5 PRC, with a NF SHV on it. We got to work together, figured out the ballistics (he'd not seen a Labradar), and, with his hand loads, watched him bang steel at 600, 800, 1000 and 1200 yards. Had a midday break when my son showed up with fried chicken and tea for a lunch on the range. I cant explain the smile on his face when my dad cut that piece at 1200, just complete satisfaction I guess is the best way to describe it. Sorry if this is a little sappy but guessing we can all stand for a happy reminder of how precious time is with loved ones. Take nothing for granted fellas.
Sounds like a perfect day. You are right...life is absolutely miraculous.

My dad was my second favorite person to my wife. I took him hunting a few times. I hope he enjoyed it. I did. I put him on a couple of deer and he could not see them in plain sight. He would say, "Whur!? Whur!?"

I bought him a model 100 Winchester in .308. Of course it had a dull hunting finish. He responded, "I would like a shiny gun." I paid $170 for the rifle and a box of ammo. Then I paid another $170 to have the Weatherby finish put on it. When somebody ask him what kind of gun he has he would happily say, "I have a shiny gun."

I really miss him.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.