Wandering 10/22 POI fixes?

Another thing to check on 10/22 style rifles I'd the "v block" that holds the barrel into the receiver. Should be 28 inch-lb of torque on the v block screws. Loose v block can cause wandering zero.

Another thing to check on 10/22 style rifles I'd the "v block" that holds the barrel into the receiver. Should be 28 inch-lb of torque on the v block screws. Loose v block can cause wandering zero.
I have looked up torque specs many times on different forums and I get 10 to 15 on most, kidd says 10, but I would think these specs change if using a different v block as I looked up one replacement and it said 23inlbs, one says Ruger recommends 20 others say 10 to 20, I ordered a tactical solutions block and if it doesn't tell me on package I'll have to call them, seems to be a lot of numbers thrown out there, I'm thinking it changes for whatever v block you use, many claim going past 15 is where you start having barrel droop, but 28 does seem pretty high, not saying your wrong but would like to know where you're getting that number and does anyone else have a definitive answer?

I have looked up torque specs many times on different forums and I get 10 to 15 on most, kidd says 10, but I would think these specs change if using a different v block as I looked up one replacement and it said 23inlbs, one says Ruger recommends 20 others say 10 to 20, I ordered a tactical solutions block and if it doesn't tell me on package I'll have to call them, seems to be a lot of numbers thrown out there, I'm thinking it changes for whatever v block you use, many claim going past 15 is where you start having barrel droop, but 28 does seem pretty high, not saying your wrong but would like to know where you're getting that number and does anyone else have a definitive answer?

About the 20th paragraph down

About the 20th paragraph down
I contacted tactical solutions and they said 10 to 15 inlbs which is pretty in line with most other sources, 28 may be what works on that barrel with stock v block, I think it's probably a little different for what parts your using but thanks for info.

I ended up using a little 638 locktite, I noticed barrel had a little up and down movement with v block loose, I heated receiver so barrel would slide in easy and put some 638 lightly around barrel end, I think heat made it cure quick but after about 5 seconds the barrel was locked in, could not budge it, I don't think you even need the v block anymore but put it on at 10 inlbs you can still get barrel out but gotta get it nice and hot with heat gun, I checked to make sure, I'll see how it shoots tomorrow.

I ended up using a little 638 locktite, I noticed barrel had a little up and down movement with v block loose, I heated receiver so barrel would slide in easy and put some 638 lightly around barrel end, I think heat made it cure quick but after about 5 seconds the barrel was locked in, could not budge it, I don't think you even need the v block anymore but put it on at 10 inlbs you can still get barrel out but gotta get it nice and hot with heat gun, I checked to make sure, I'll see how it shoots tomorrow.
Range report, that 638 locktite works awesome, I actually took it apart and re- did it and measured barrel off flat surface on both sides and got it almost perfect, I bedded front of receiver better and barrel free floats, I'm getting many one hole, 1/8 to 3/16 groups, about 50 percent of time and almost all groups under 1/2in at 50yds, best part is it's shooting in same spot, this is with cci standard velocity, other high velocity cheap bulk ammo is under an inch, some are staying around 1/2 inch, but from what I see this locktite really does the job, locks that barrel in, I haven't tried it but I think it would be fine without v block, maybe I'll try it and see what happens.

Range report, that 638 locktite works awesome, I actually took it apart and re- did it and measured barrel off flat surface on both sides and got it almost perfect, I bedded front of receiver better and barrel free floats, I'm getting many one hole, 1/8 to 3/16 groups, about 50 percent of time and almost all groups under 1/2in at 50yds, best part is it's shooting in same spot, this is with cci standard velocity, other high velocity cheap bulk ammo is under an inch, some are staying around 1/2 inch, but from what I see this locktite really does the job, locks that barrel in, I haven't tried it but I think it would be fine without v block, maybe I'll try it and see what happens.
Now that it ain't broke, don't fix it. Happy Shooting.