Walnut is beautiful, but laminate is.............

I run a Thumbhole Laminate on my 300 Rum Sendero and Love it . It's a touch heavy for a Mountain packing gun but I'm ok with it for now . It shoots amazing !

Yes, it is a Mcmillan safari best I can tell as well. I have a couple of my Benchrest stocks ordered in the mc walnut finish and will try and talk those customers into a clear coat because I think it will look really sharp. I wonder how many guys would mistake it for wood.

Yes, it is a Mcmillan safari best I can tell as well. I have a couple of my Benchrest stocks ordered in the mc walnut finish and will try and talk those customers into a clear coat because I think it will look really sharp. I wonder how many guys would mistake it for wood.
I thought that was it but either that's the best picture I've seen of one or it's truly exceptional. They definitely seem to have gotten the grain patter down pat since they first came out with them.

With a clear coat I would bet a fair number would think it was wood. While there is nothing like the look and emotion of wood synthetic just is all around superior in every perf way.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.