Booty From Estate Sale, BUT? WTH is it?

CaptnC

Got these two little items in a box with a bunch of AR parts and tools. Neither looks like it ever been used. Oh he did have a huge collection (over 90) of Custom 1911 pistols. But like I said...not a mark on either...

20190408_213528.jpg

The one on the left is a milling/machine jig for the upper receiver and the one on the left is a bolt tool for holding the bolt and taking the tension off the ejector so it can be removed. I am not 100% sure on the jig without seeing more of it.

That you sir.

I was thinking the one on the left might be a jig to hold a pistol barrel but not sure what you would do with it once you had it in place.

i was thinking sight press on the right as well.

on the left, looks like a milling jig of some sort, maybe for threading a barrel? i dont own a 1911 yet, so i'm just guessing.

Sorry it is not a sight press it is to hold a AR-15 bolt so you can take the ejector out the hole in the front aligns with the ejector retainer pin so you can knock it out. The Threaded bolt holds the pressure off the ejector spring when you tighten the bolt into the tool.

Pretty sure the jig on the left is for milling the hood on a oversize 1911 match barrel. Can't be sure without a size reference, but I'll bet that's what it is.

I also think the tool on the right is an AR ejector retaining pin R&R tool. The carefully specific OD turned on the end of the threads is a tell-tale. It should fit into the head-stamp recess of an AR bolt with little slop. If there is an off-center hole in the web of the 'fork' that the threaded part is pointed at, and the flash glare obscures this but it looks to be the case, then this would be confirmed. That hole is clearance for the retaining pin when being driven out.

Based on the relative sizes of the tools I think it is too big of a bore for a 1911 barrel. The bore for a 1911 barrel would be closer in ID to the OD of the threads of the Ejector tool. The shape of the ID is not right for holding an AR upper, but it looks to be barrel related though I don't know how or for what purpose.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.