VX6HD Reticle Level

That's not the way I heard it. Electronic Reticle Level is for shooting, it might be of some use leveling the scope while installing it but not much since you could have a level scope on a canted rifle. The biggest problem that I see with using the system to install a scope is that you have no idea of how far off you are, the light comes on when you're off more than 1 degree, you can't tell if you are off by 20 degrees or 2. It would be easier to use a bubble level.

Any rifle/scope cant will throw your shot off. The farther the target the more error. Even a 3 degree cant can create an error at a range of 100 yards, at 1000 yards it's ten times worse.

That's not the way I heard it. Electronic Reticle Level is for shooting, it might be of some use leveling the scope while installing it but not much since you could have a level scope on a canted rifle. The biggest problem that I see with using the system to install a scope is that you have no idea of how far off you are, the light comes on when you're off more than 1 degree, you can't tell if you are off by 20 degrees or 2. It would be easier to use a bubble level.

Any rifle/scope cant will throw your shot off. The farther the target the more error. Even a 3 degree cant can create an error at a range of 100 yards, at 1000 yards it's ten times worse.
It takes about 10 second long hold to get it to turn on and only shows variance of more than 5 degrees* Absolutely does not replace a bubble level for field conditions

The way I read it from the instructions seems the intention is for mounting.

Attachments

• 6BED174F-626E-475A-B636-15B0FC1E3AD6.jpeg
    6BED174F-626E-475A-B636-15B0FC1E3AD6.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 188
I mounted the VX6HD and incorporated my Wheeler level kit along with the electronic level in the scope. I got the gun level to the earth and level the scope reticle and confirmed with a plumb bob. The electronic level in the scope did work well and can be used for shooting but you have to activate the feature and shoot with the reticle lit.

It is designed for shooting not mounting and works well. Anti cant in mine is sensitive, flashes as required, and is worthy feature for a hunter.
I notice your from Idaho.
Did you know that the electronic level in the VX6 HD makes it illegal to use in Idaho for big game hunting ?
This discussion came up in another forum and several people called Idaho F&G enforcement dept. and they confirmed it was illegal and that removing the batteries does not make it legal....
Might want to call them and see what they tell you.

I notice your from Idaho.
Did you know that the electronic level in the VX6 HD makes it illegal to use in Idaho for big game hunting ?
This discussion came up in another forum and several people called Idaho F&G enforcement dept. and they confirmed it was illegal and that removing the batteries does not make it legal....
Might want to call them and see what they tell you.
Not true. The use of electronic devices on weapons is prohibited generally, yes, but the rules clearly state on page 100 what is considered legal. I highly doubt they called the fish and game and if they did it may have been awhile ago. Rules often change due to pressure put on the department to get into the current century. Many rules over the past decade have changed and mostly for the better.

Not true. The use of electronic devices on weapons is prohibited generally, yes, but the rules clearly state on page 100 what is considered legal. I highly doubt they called the fish and game and if they did it may have been awhile ago. Rules often change due to pressure put on the department to get into the current century. Many rules over the past decade have changed and mostly for the better.
It is true, I,m one of the ones who called because I had my doubts also and it was only about a month ago and they confirmed to me on the phone so like I said call them and see for yourself....

It is true, I,m one of the ones who called because I had my doubts also and it was only about a month ago and they confirmed to me on the phone so like I said call them and see for yourself....
I'm good. I have the regulations. They are not open to debate or to interpretation. You do understand there is a printed version of the rules right? If you insist on talking to FG and you might want to get with an officer who is going to be the one writing the ticket and going to court to attempt to defend the ticket. It's going to be frustrating day for the officer. Contact Marshall Haynes or Matt McConnel. Matt is in Boise, and a region supervisor, so he'll be your best bet.

Here is the link the rules that you might to check out.

I'm good. I have the regulations. They are not open to debate or to interpretation. You do understand there is a printed version of the rules right? If you insist on talking to FG and you might want to get with an officer who is going to be the one writing the ticket and going to court to attempt to defend the ticket. It's going to be frustrating day for the officer. Contact Marshall Haynes or Matt McConnel. Matt is in Boise, and a region supervisor, so he'll be your best bet.

Here is the link the rules that you might to check out.

And the underlined quote from the rules is exactly what brought the discussion up and was confirmed by IDFG that the level is considered an illegal device:
With any electronic device attached to, or incorporated in, the firearm or scope; except scopes containing battery powered or tritium lighted reticles are allowed.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.