Vx3i Lrp review

30noslercam

Second question in 3 days! I'll try not to make it too much of a habit. Went in to order my vx5 today and the friend that was with me immediately took to the vx3i 6.5 -20 LRP. Does anyone have any real world experience I can relay to him? How they compare vortex or sightron? Mid price long range scopes I guess.

I have one. Glass is better than Vortex and sightron IMO. Mines tracks true and is a good solid scope. I Like the zero stop, and how it tracks if you go over one rotation. Down side is the large bulky turret.

Really impressed with the GLASS!!! overall awesome scope and killer prices found Model # 172335 for $699 shipped!
They will be very popular this year I think.

Yep....if the turrets were smaller I don't think I would like it as much.....it on a 26 nosler....tracks correctly and magnification and glass are great....liteweight...could be on a packing rifle if needed...

I really like mine. Slipped on an icy slope last fall with my gun slung on the my back and fell right on it. Held zero and was good to go.
I've only dialed it up to 30moa but it tracks correctly at least that far.
I'd buy another.
I think They beat other similarly priced scopes in low light, midday clarity may be a touch better than Sightron, but not by any significant amount

My advice to anyone buying one is make sure you put it through a true "tall target tracking test".
I've seen some tracking issues with a VX6 and a VX3, it's pretty dang common unfortunately.
The Mark 5 HD is a different story though, and the only Leupold I really trust to track.

I have the 6.5 - 20 as well and I'd have to say the glass beats the gen1 vortex viper I have by a good bit. Mine passed all the tracking tests I did at 100 yards however I haven't used it alot yet. If you don't mind the xlarge turret on top they're a pretty decent optic.

I have had mine for 2 years, and have pleased with quality, and price. You can get used to the bulky turrets. I installed the custom turret system tape on mine. works real good. Like CDS you have to send the right info

LRP tape.jpg

I remember when i shot my 26 nosler at 3200fps...777 yards....
Only had about 6" of right wind....
Elevation was really close......smallish rock didn't appreciate the bullets exploding it into pieces....
Next time was a rock in mud puddle.....1000 yards...dialed moa...forgot to hold wind...missed right about a foot...second shot annhilated the rock...fun, fun, fun........havent shot it again since last fall......bummed....

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.