Leupold VX3i 30mm

megastink

I just want to know who owns one, what do you think about it, and how far do you consistently shoot it out to?

Background:

Lately I've been considering upgrading from my Burris Droptine 4.5-14x42mm scope on my .243. It's served its purpose, but I'd like something MOA/MOA, lightweight, but still has a ton of travel. The best optic I own is an SWFA SS 3-15x42 and I love it, but it's a bit bulky and a little too conversion for a woods gun like I want.

I think Ive settled on a Leupold vx3i 4.5-14x40. They seem to run about $350-$450 used, and I can always upgrade to M1 turrets and an MOA reticle if I want.

I have several in the 50MM version. Various reticle configurations including illuminated ones. The VX3i's (latest ones I purchased) have the Windplex reticle and CDS knob. This combination has served me well. Leupold sends the CDS knobs quickly when you order them. I hunt with mine out to 500 yards without issue.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts