VX3 4.5-14x40 OR VX3 4.5-14x40 CDS

Nikolakangrga

VX3 4.5-14x40 OR VX3 4.5-14x40 CDS?

Does anyone have any experience with the CDS model? Is it worth the money? I will be using this scope for mainly hunting. It will be mounted on my .300WM. What do you guys think?

Thanks
Nick-

The scopes you list are the basic same, one just has a custom balistic specific dial. The dial is only as good as info you give them to a point. You want to shoot your loads out to range you will use and give them drops, as shown on this site some where. Example 100,200, 300, -800, etc.I have one and like the low profile, plus I have a standard dial in MOA

I have the CDS on my Rem model 7 in 243. I assume you have the 1" tube model. I am still trying to work up a good load using the stock Rem barrel, so I haven't developed a drop chart yet to send to Leupold. Although you will probably have room for multiple revolutions within the tube, I believe the replacement turret will only have enough room for oputside markings for only one revolution - which should get you out to 500-600 yds with most calibers. Not really getting out into the long range territory, but good enough for most (not all) hunting situations.

You can go past one revolution, mine goes to 1000 on my 325 WSM, Order without stop, plus mine is on mil dot , and you pick your zero, say you could have a zero of 400 for antelope

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.