VX3 or VX3LR???

eferry

I have a 300 ultra mag. I have a Leupold VX3 4.5 - 14 x 50 with M1 Turrets on order @ the custom shop...With that being said, should I have paid the extra $ and purchased a 4.5 - 14 x 50LR instead???

95% on my shooting and hunting will be done withing 500 yards.
I like having the ability to get out to 1000 yards whenever I have a chance, but it going to be rare.

Is the LR worth it?

I had my name engraved on it, swapped the reticle to a Leupold Dot, added M1 Elevation and M1 Windage Turrets. Total Damage including shipping was $879.00. Should I upgrade to the LR version? I want your thoughts...

gun)

The new VX-3 LR has been upgraded within the last year. They now feature dual elevation springs for extra precision and strength. If it were me and I were spending this kind of money i would go with the LR Version. The LR version also has a side focus. I think that you should go with the VX-IIILR. They also have a 30mm tube.

I did go with the LR and I am not at all disappointed I did so. That being said, if you already own it, I would probably try it out for a year or two and see if you really feel it's not up to your needs.
Chrisgun)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.