Vortex???

Log Hog

Great warranty! Decent glass. Features not to bad. Price fair. This weekend we had a 600 and 880yd shoot. We had a Vortex rep there shooting a custom 308 and a Barret 338 Lapua. He won 1st in the 600 with his Lapua 338 with the Vortex 5x20 Razor priced @ $2000 but did not place in the 880. Nice shooting I must say and a good guy. When he was pitching his Vortex he kept putting down Leupold scopes. I have to say that I putting down someone elses product to make yours look better isnt always the best way! I have 2 VX-3 Leupold scopes one 3.5-10X50 and 8.8-25X50 with target dot. I think they perform very well for the price I paid $550 and $850. After the shoot he let me and a few guys set up couple of scopes side by side. We had a Sightron 8-32X50 a Vortex 5-20X50 a Leupold 8.5-25X50 and a Nightforce 5-20X50. To be fair we set all the scopes on 20 power and went out to 880yds. There were 3 of us and we all pretty much agreed like this, Nightforce then followed by a very close second Leupold then Sightron and then Vortex. We all agreed that the Vortex was a very nice scope and the guy that owned the Sightron even said that his glass was only a little better than the vortex but very close. I think my next scope may be a Nightforce 12-42X56 they seem like a very good scope for a good price. Let me know what you guys know about the scopes you have looked through and what works for you guys. Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.