vortex? ?

use full information such as that diatribe of bs you posted nope.

Not real sure how my real first hand experience is a diatribe of bs but I can gladly offer some more experiences of some close friends of mine with similar issues if your not satisfied. Here's one that happened just last month to a friend of mine while on his deer hunt. During the hunt there was a light drizzle, not even enough to call it a rain. It lasted an hour or so on the hike in and the rifle was in the scabbard of the pack. Long story short he finds a buck to shoot and does so out of pure luck as the scope was so full of moisture he could hardly see through it. Three days later after sitting on the bench at my house out of the weather the scope was still fogged up and had enough water in the lenses to actually puddle on the bottom of the lenses. This was on a vortex hs-t 4-16x44 model. Just another example of vortex junk.

You might try reading reviews on Vortex before you bad mouth them. For the $$$ spent on one, they are VG. The glass is made in Japan I think. Though not as good as lets say German glass, the price of them are a steal at todays economy. I too was doubtful of them but thought about getting one after reading the reviews. After mounting it and boxing it, I found that it was right on and repeatability was excellent also. To me this kind of function can only be had in a much higher costing product. I have high dollar scopes and it tracks as well as they do. I am holding my breath waiting for a 56mm model to hit the market. I will certainly buy one when and if they do.

PS; Hardly anything we buy today is made completely in the USA!

Only the Razor glass is made in Japan. The rest is made by who knows.

it has been disclosed do a little work and find it for your self. Can you tell me where all of leupys stuff is made and if you say merica keep searching but as they say glass houses and stones and such. Old news but some like 1995 the best i guess.

I don't care where Leupy stuff is made. Can you tell me where Barska stuff is made? Or Counter Sniper?

But if you wanna go down that road, don't you think there is a difference between managing QC in the US versus China? Unless you have people stationed in China watching over their shoulders, you don't know what they're doing. At least when you assemble scopes in the US out of Chinese parts you can prevent many failures. Not that I'm advocating for Leupold. I wouldn't buy one.

Warranty is akin to a toilet paper bandaid. Not a whole lot of good when a hunt ten times the price if the scope goes down the drain.

I don't care where Leupy stuff is made. Can you tell me where Barska stuff is made? Or Counter Sniper?

But if you wanna go down that road, don't you think there is a difference between managing QC in the US versus China? Unless you have people stationed in China watching over their shoulders, you don't know what they're doing. At least when you assemble scopes in the US out of Chinese parts you can prevent many failures. Not that I'm advocating for Leupold. I wouldn't buy one.

Warranty is akin to a toilet paper bandaid. Not a whole lot of good when a hunt ten times the price if the scope goes down the drain.

im out you guys win. they suck a big f$cking d!ck huskamajigger is the only way to go.

im out you guys win. they suck a big f$cking d!ck huskamajigger is the only way to go.

This is a debate on rifle scopes, not a fight to the finish. The OP asked a question to get answers for a scope for his Father. We, that have hands on experience, are trying to help him out. Personal experience has been very positive with a lot of us. You seem to have a vendetta with Vortex. Tell us your personal experience with Vortex and its failure for you, if you will. Did Vortex Make good on it?

Stop for a minute and look at all the things you have purchased. Just because you think it is made in the USA, may surprise you to really know it isn't. Cars, Clothing and some of the food you eat may not be American. It may be or not be assembled in the USA. Not everything foreign is junk.

European glass is far superior to anything else but you will pay dearly for it. Unless you have a valid gripe that you have not told about, it is not a fair assessment of Vortex products. Anything can be faulty that is man made.

This is a debate on rifle scopes, not a fight to the finish. The OP asked a question to get answers for a scope for his Father. We, that have hands on experience, are trying to help him out. Personal experience has been very positive with a lot of us. You seem to have a vendetta with Vortex. Tell us your personal experience with Vortex and its failure for you, if you will. Did Vortex Make good on it?

Stop for a minute and look at all the things you have purchased. Just because you think it is made in the USA, may surprise you to really know it isn't. Cars, Clothing and some of the food you eat may not be American. It may be or not be assembled in the USA. Not everything foreign is junk.

European glass is far superior to anything else but you will pay dearly for it. Unless you have a valid gripe that you have not told about, it is not a fair assessment of Vortex products. Anything can be faulty that is man made.

i think you have it wrong. I would be the vortex fan boy. Razor 20-60x85, nomad 20-60x65, hs lr ffp, razor binocs, diamond back binocs and waiting for the 4.5x27 razor gen 2 to show up. i did have some one break the ocular off the nomad but got a new one in 3 days. my crap does not sit in a safe for 8 months out of the year it gets used and used hard at the comps all summer i have never felt if i had that other guys schmidt i would have done better.

here is my deal i have seen every thing but a henny go down at comps or out shooting. Mechanical sh!t breaks its a fact of life. I find it hard to believe when one person comes on here and says i have had 23 vortex scopes they all break and all suck. or another where is it made blah blah blah. it gets old especially when questions have been answered by vortex among many other highly respected people in the shooting community. i dont care if people dont like them dont buy them they will not be around but to come on and blatantly bash them thats bs. If i said the same stuff about the huskemaw it would not fly but truth is i have seen 2 go down but they got fixed life moves on are they all junk nope. we are in an age of optics opportunity never seen before with the quality and price points. Some companys have advanced while others havnt and are now playing catch up.

i think you have it wrong. I would be the vortex fan boy. Razor 20-60x85, nomad 20-60x65, hs lr ffp, razor binocs, diamond back binocs and waiting for the 4.5x27 razor gen 2 to show up. i did have some one break the ocular off the nomad but got a new one in 3 days. my crap does not sit in a safe for 8 months out of the year it gets used and used hard at the comps all summer i have never felt if i had that other guys schmidt i would have done better.

here is my deal i have seen every thing but a henny go down at comps or out shooting. Mechanical sh!t breaks its a fact of life. I find it hard to believe when one person comes on here and says i have had 23 vortex scopes they all break and all suck. or another where is it made blah blah blah. it gets old especially when questions have been answered by vortex among many other highly respected people in the shooting community. i dont care if people dont like them dont buy them they will not be around but to come on and blatantly bash them thats bs. If i said the same stuff about the huskemaw it would not fly but truth is i have seen 2 go down but they got fixed life moves on are they all junk nope. we are in an age of optics opportunity never seen before with the quality and price points. Some companys have advanced while others havnt and are now playing catch up.

My bad, clicked on the wrong Quote button. My apology to you.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.