Vortex Viper vs. Night Force NXS?

I can't say I have compared the NF to my Viper HS LR 4-16x44 directly, but as someone with an extremely limited budget (comes with having 4 dependents!) I can vouch that it is an exceptionally good optic for the money.

It's clear enough to let me ring a 12x12 steel plate at 855 yards with my Stevens 200 270 Win... Actually, let me be more honest and say its clear enough to watch mirage, make wind calls, dial accurately and then spot my misses as my cheap plastic stock allows terrible vertical stringing.

Financial restrictions aside, obviously the NF is a better scope all around, as is S&B, Victory HTs, etc. For me, saving for the $2k scopes is a multi-year effort that hasn't come to fruition yet due to many, many other priorities. Did I meantion I shoot a factory Stevens 200 :D

The guys at Vortex are the only reason I get to really play at longer ranges at all. If you are in a situation like me, don't hesitate to grab one. I f you are wondering if the extra expense for top quality glass is worth it, well I'm sure the other replies have already answered that.

I shoot both as well and have a lot of friends that have used my rifles. To a person they all like the NXS better but most will choose to put the PST on at least to start and then try for an NXS later.

As others have said, Vortex is a very nice optic and the viper pst is all I can speak for because I have never owned/ used the razor due to the simple fact if I'm going to put out that kind of money on optics I but Nightforce in my opinion there is no comparison to the Nightforce nxs. The clarity is absolutely amazing! The Nightforce has 100 MOA of internal elevation adjustment as to where the Vipers have 65 MOA. Now the razor has 125 MOA but are you going to need the extra 25 MOA on your 25-06?

Anyways +1 for Nightforce

If any one is looking for a Vortex let me know. I'm trying to sell a couple new ones that I haven't taken out of the box. Vortex Viper HS 4-16x50 Long range. I

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.