Vortex Viper vs Nikon Monarch! Please Read!!

matt_3479

I need a new scope for the varmint rifle as some may have read. The Vortex and Nikon is what i have been looking for. Now its between the 6.5-20x44mm with Vortex and the Nikon 5-20x44 with the Nikon. Which would you prefer to own? I live in canada and im having a hard time getting my hands on the Vortex.

Now if we go with Nikon would the 5-20x44 or the 4-16x42 be a better scope for varmint hunting, plinking, small game and target out to 500-600 yards?

I have the 4x16 monarch and love it. But I have heard great things about the Viper and you will probably have great luck with whichever one you get your hands on.

I'll put it like this after my first vortex i bought to try out. I now have 4 and every one replaced a nikon monarch and i would never go back. I Still have a nikon 6.5x20.44 and its got to go away.

I have several Vortex Scopes. They are great. They get the job done.
a 5-20 is a bit extreme for me mostly because i'm in south Louisiana and deer hunting in the woods is much easier with a 4-12, 3-9 type of scope.

Can you not get it cause it's out of stock? Or they just won't ship to Canada?

I have used these people before:
Vortex Optics 6.5-20x, 44mm, 43mm & Up - Scopes - Hunting & Sporting Scopes On Sale Now : Sportsman Guys

You might have to call in for shipping to Canada, but they have good customer service.

Strickly for coyotes and long range plinking and target shooting do you think the 4-12x40 or the 6.5-20x44mm is better? which would you get

long range - definitely the 6.5-20. The 4-12 is great, but you aren't going to get as good of a shot with the 4-12 at 500-600 yards. The longest shot I've made with the 4-12 is around 350-400 yards.

I would definitely get the 6.5-20 for that range.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts