Vortex Viper vs. Burris MTAC

jrhammo08sxt

I'm looking at two different scopes right now and trying to decide which one to go with. It will be going on a Savage 10 FCP-K in .308. I am mainly looking for a target scope that will function well as a coyote and varmint scope as well. Rarely will I be shooting over 800 yards, with 300-600 yds as the usual range.
2 different scopes are:

Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44 Mil-Dot
Burris MTAC 4.5-14x42

ALL suggestions welcome!!

Vortex has made a name for itself on the internet forums, so I imagine many people are going to choose it for they have read about it many time and the name is familiar to them. and the magnification numbers are larger which makes it better to most unsuspecting people.

Truth be known to those that have had both and have used both will tell you there is no comparison. Burris is the hands down winner.

Vortex has a awesome warranty. Burris you do not need a warranty.

The best is without a doubt a Schmidt & Bender. This is the scope Nightforce wishes it was.

Vortex has made a name for itself on the internet forums, so I imagine many people are going to choose it for they have read about it many time and the name is familiar to them. and the magnification numbers are larger which makes it better to most unsuspecting people.

Truth be known to those that have had both and have used both will tell you there is no comparison. Burris is the hands down winner.

Vortex has a awesome warranty. Burris you do not need a warranty.

The best is without a doubt a Schmidt & Bender. This is the scope Nightforce wishes it was.

I decided to buy the Burris. Not only do I feel that it will be a better scope, but I had the chance to look through a vortex viper, honestly, I like the $160 crossfire 2 I have on my LR-308. EVERY review about a Burris is top notch. Plus, I think it was a GREAT buy... Thank you Cabelas! They had it on sale for $300

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.