Vortex viper hs 6-24x50 or sightron siii 6-24x50, which has clearer/sharper glass?

txsendero

I have not been able to look through either one of these scopes, was hoping for some informed comments from those who may have on the clarity/sharpness/resolution. I am considering a 6-24x50, either the Vortex Viper HS, or the Sightron SIII.
Thanks

the sightron will have a slight edge in clarity,but the the viper has more features which makes it the better buy.glass is very close tho

Other than the turrets being easier to reset on the Vortex, what features do the Vortex have that the Sightron SIII does not have?

The Vortex has zero stops, better reticles, illumination and more ffp options. The Sightron has functional (non-sexy) turrets that track and substantially better glass. I have both. They both have their place in my opinion.

Well I think my decision got easier, looks like the Vortex Viper HS 6-24 x 50 has been discontinued, and most places do not have stock.

I have the Viper HS and would not buy it again. In my case the image quality is horrible. Looking through a shower door would give me a clearer, more crisp image.

I have a Vortex Viper HS LR 4-16X42 scope and the clarity is very good through 12X but beyond that it really loses clarity. It is fine on my 270Win and it has .5MOA elevation turret, which is the reason I bought it over the Leupold VXR 4-12X. I have looked through some Sightrons and believe their glass is as good as any and better than most.

Starting to sound like a broken record on here but the sightron glass is definitely better than the pst glass especially noticeable with long range mirage. The vortex does have better reticles but the sightron ffp scopes are very nice and a step up in the mil reticle department. They both have a great warranty and cs. Personally I'd buy the siii over the pst especially when you consider where each is made.
Just my 2 cents

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.