Vortex tactical or SWFA SS - tac 30mm rings

SofaKing

Looking at both the Vortex tactical and SWFA SS - tac rings in 30mm. These are both close in price and not to different in height. Anyone have experience with either of these. I'm looking to put these on my savage 111 LRH that has a nightforce 20 moa base. Looking to mount my vortex viper 6.5-20x50 on it. Low on funds now otherwise I'd be getting the nightforce light weight to match the base. Plus there under $50 on eBay vs $160 for the nightforce.

Thanks
gun)

I like TPS rings. kind of in the middle of those to prices. I know that isn't what you asked but thought I would mention it.

I haven't used the Vortex rings, but I currently have the swfa rings set up on my 7mm RM. They are very solid rings. I have never had any problems in about 300 rounds from a 9lb rifle with no brake. The only downside would be that they are VERY heavy.

I know seekins used to make vortex rings for them and I believe they still do. I've used theirs, tps and nightforce. No complaints about any of them. Choose the ones you think look the best and go shoot they are all quality rings and won't be the weak link in your system.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.