Vortex or SWFA???

Well I have both swfa and vortex, three razor HDs ones a first gen and the other two are second gen, I can say that the vortex fit and finish is leaps and bounds better than the swfa but the ones I have are in a fairly higher price bracket than the swfa, I also have two Burris xtrii 3-15x50 scopes and for the money they are super hard to beat as well, glass is as clear as the swfa and lower end vortex scopes I've looked through, tons of internal adjustment, the clicks in the turrets are rock solid and the reticle I'm using is similar to the reticle in the swfa and I think I paid 900 for each new.

The SWFA warranty is every bit as good as the Vortex. The turrets are quite tall on the SWFA, but the clicks index so positive that it would take a pretty good hit to move it.
If we are comparing the Razor it a 600$ scope, then yes the difference is huge. I don't see any scope at any price range being better as far as repeatability is concerned, to the SWFA. It tracks as good as any scope on the market..

Heres the correct question, what do you plan in doing with the scope and gun combo exactly, knowing that I can give you an honest assessment of some of the pros and cons to the ones in question.

Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't swfa have a very similiar warranty to vortex? As in any owner, any problem, if it doesn't work we will fix or replace it?

I have a SWFA fixed 6x42 and absolutely love it. I really like the mil-quad reticle. I like mils more than moa. It's easier to do the math in my head.

I want the SS 3-15 FFP. It was the first SWFA scope I looked through and loved it.

I really like the vortex PST FFP. Vortex is coming out with the Gen II PST and I heard the glass going to be a little bit more clearer.

Last week I just bought a Sig Sauer Tango 4 and so far I like it a lot.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.