Vortex Razor HD 13-39x56 experience based input

cornstalker

I am considering the Vortex Razor HD 13-39x56 for a backcountry spotter and wanted to gather some first hand opinions based on experience.
Who has one, and what do you think of it?

As objective as it comes (at least IMO). Skip to last few pages for article and some folks thoughts.

Happy to answer more questions.

As objective as it comes (at least IMO). Skip to last few pages for article and some folks thoughts.

Happy to answer more questions.
That was a great read. Thank you for doing that.
Of course, the Swaro ATC beat out the mini Razor in color and contrast. Was the performance gap large enough to justify a price tag that is 2.5 times larger? Are there durability, and reliability factors to consider?

Did the Swaro have a significant advantage at dusk?

Would you buy a mini Razor after doing this comparison?

That was a great read. Thank you for doing that.
Of course, the Swaro ATC beat out the mini Razor in color and contrast. Was the performance gap large enough to justify a price tag that is 2.5 times larger? Are there durability, and reliability factors to consider?

Did the Swaro have a significant advantage at dusk?

Would you buy a mini Razor after doing this comparison?
I'm keeping my mini razor. Didn't have enough time at dusk to objectively say. But it won't beat it out by a ton.

What isn't said in there is the razor is about 6oz lighter (and includes an arca on the foot for even more savings).

The swaro is just smoother and a nicer piece. The razor optically (outside of color) is really close. Don't get me wrong if I only wanted a single unit I'd get the ATC. But I want the mini in addition to a full size and why it makes it a good choice for me.

I'm keeping my mini razor. Didn't have enough time at dusk to objectively say. But it won't beat it out by a ton.

What isn't said in there is the razor is about 6oz lighter (and includes an arca on the foot for even more savings).

The swaro is just smoother and a nicer piece. The razor optically (outside of color) is really close. Don't get me wrong if I only wanted a single unit I'd get the ATC. But I want the mini in addition to a full size and why it makes it a good choice for me.
Awesome. Thank you!

Recent Posts