Vortex Newbie Question

BigHunter1978

Hi all,

I have a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50PA and I am looking at adding a custom turret. I have completed all my ballistics forms and I am about ready to head to the Kenton Industries website to order my turret.

First, has anyone put a custom turret on the Vortex Viper PA? Is this something fairly easy to do? I cannot seem to find a specific example of this being done, it looks fairly straight forward and just by looking at the forums in LRH there should be several tutorials and videos available.

Second, from those of you who speak with experience is there anything "little" I may be forgetting. I have the temp, alt, ballistics, and all that filled out I just want to ensure I do this correct the first time. This seems to be a very hands on experience and I am learning a lot these last couple weeks, I realize I certainly have only scratched the surface.

Thank-you all.

Hey BigHunter,
I have not put on a custom turret from them, but what i have been told is that they come with instructions, and are very easy to do. They said it takes like 5 minutes.

The only thing I would reccomend, and it sounds like you are well on your way, is collecting range data for as far as you want to shoot with that custom turret. So if you want to be accurate with it out to 800 yards, collect your data to 800 yards. And remember that you will need to stay consistent with bullets, location, and temperature to get the most accuracy out of the turret.

gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.