Vortex HD LHT revStop fix

FrogFire7

Has anybody messed with this to make the turret actually stop at 0, vs five clicks past it?

I really like the solid wall when you hit it, but honestly would prefer to stop at my zero vs past it.

I just got the scope last night and haven't really had a chance to inspect it closely... I'm thinking a shim in the zero stop ring might fix it?

Update:. My suspicions were correct. I took a piece of plastic and trimmed it to the appropriate height and length. Now the zero stop stops at my actual zero.

Just FYI, the plastic terminates just past (after) 9:00 on the turret. Basically 9:00 minus the width of the little pin inside the turret.

Seems to work ok, will zero the rifle and run it a while, if there are problems I will update.

Attachments

• PXL_20211111_184954833.jpg
    PXL_20211111_184954833.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 120
I have not, yet. I'm assuming you can't, due to the thickness of the zero stop ring, but I might be wrong. I'm a little curious about it as well. I initially didn't like that about it (still would prefer that it not interfere with elevation travel), but I'm assuming they figured since it's a hunting scope that people won't dial it a ton. Not everybody is as cool as us LongRangeHunting guys 😁