Vortex Golden Eagle

Remmy700

so I pretty much don't like any vortex scopes although I have an Amg and gen 2 rzr. I just keep them around cause they are mounted and I got other stuff to worry about. I got a bench gun going on right now, u know just tinker toy and I need a high power scope and I keep seeing these golden eagle vortex scopes for good prices. And I admit I kinda like their reticle options. Anyone have some experience with them that would not mind sharing? Thanks fellows

so I pretty much don't like any vortex scopes although I have an Amg and gen 2 rzr. I just keep them around cause they are mounted and I got other stuff to worry about. I got a bench gun going on right now, u know just tinker toy and I need a high power scope and I keep seeing these golden eagle vortex scopes for good prices. And I admit I kinda like their reticle options. Anyone have some experience with them that would not mind sharing? Thanks fellows
Too many crappy reviews on them so I bought a March High Master 10-60 instead.

Where are all the crappy reviews? I was doing some research on them after that world record was set with one, and I didn't see many crappy reviews on these scopes.
Can't remember now but I was looking at one about a year ago and found some reviews and comments on forums that said the glass quality was not very good. I am not a fan of Vortex anyway though so I was leaning towards the March either way.

I've seen some crappy reviews on the march too. We should really all just own Tangent Thetas.
I would definitely like too look through a TT once before I spend that much. I have wondered if the glass is on par with S&B. So far the 2 March scopes have performed well for me and the glass is great.

I would definitely like too look through a TT once before I spend that much. I have wondered if the glass is on par with S&B. So far the 2 March scopes have performed well for me and the glass is great.
TT's are significantly better than S&B - both the glass and the mechanics.

so Golden eagle any good or?
Remmy - the takeaway is they are not as good as March or TT apparently. I was just talking to a buddy who has been running a golden eagle on his bench rig for a year. He said he loves it. The guys is legit and has several higher end scopes, so take that for what its worth. I had the chance to shoot his set up 1x and I thought the glass was good enough.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.