Vortex Diamondback Tracking

Tumbleweed

Hi guys. I am looking at Vortex's Diamondback line of rifle scopes to put on my son's first elk rifle. I have heard nothing but great things about Vortex scopes and decided I would give one a try. I am leaning toward the 3.5-10x50 model with the BDC reticule that will come in handy for quick wind corrections. My intent is to provide him with a rifle that he/we can shoot out to 700 yards. Anything farther and we will use my RUM. I decided to stay away from a hold over reticule because I want to teach him the MOA system and how to dial his shots for the best precision.
So, my question is this.
For those of you experienced with this line of scopes, do the diamondbacks' reticules track accurately through their range? Has anyone had problems with the reticules from recoil? Do they return to zero accurately? Are they truly .25MOA clicks? To shoot to 700 yards we will only need about 16 MOA.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts