Vortex Diamondback

alloutsmith3

For the people who have some experience with this scope what is your opinion of it. I'm considering getting one with the BDC reticle. I'm currently using a Barska Huntmaster Pro and I like the optical quality but am just not happy with its ablility to hold a zero. Thanks

i use the diamondback 4-12x40 on my 22-250,before that it was on my 30-06.excellent scope and warrenty,thats a big plus.its sharp clear and does what i need to real well.optics planet has them on sale for 189.00

Vortex offers an amazing value at all their price points. I have never dealt with a company that takes such good care of their customers to. I don't think you can go wrong with their products.

While they may be decent scopes for the price, my personal opinion is for big game hunting, especially at long range, with the amount of money you need to spend on your rifle, with the amount of money you need to spend on ammo so you can shoot it enough to be competent at long range....you'll be better off in the end saving up and buying a better scope.

For only the additional cost of a couple boxes of bullets, you could get a Viper 6.5-20 instead and have a much better, more reliable scope. Optics are important in this endeavor.

While they may be decent scopes for the price, my personal opinion is for big game hunting, especially at long range, with the amount of money you need to spend on your rifle, with the amount of money you need to spend on ammo so you can shoot it enough to be competent at long range....you'll be better off in the end saving up and buying a better scope.

For only the additional cost of a couple boxes of bullets, you could get a Viper 6.5-20 instead and have a much better, more reliable scope. Optics are important in this endeavor.

The plan is to actually pick up one of the Viper HS LR scopes when they're released this summer and put the Diamondbacks on my 17HMR and AR15.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.