VLD's, ULD RBBT's, SMK's, etc

I have used the 300g SMK for shots 10 yards to 2042 yards with good resalts here is a pic from the 10 yard shot the bullet had 6086 ft-lbs of energy

444973-big.jpg

I have shot an mule deer with a 338-378imp with a 300gr. smk and it blew and softball size entrance hole and no exit at about 40yrds. I have used a 142gr. smk out of a 6.5x284 and it was about 200yrds on an mule deer and it performed very well. Good penetration and expansion. I also used that combo on another muledeer at about 360yrds and it kinda just penciled through with little expansion but there was some.

"EWALLACE" -- What kind of name is that ? You should get a decent name!:D

I didn't recognize the name but the bullet looked familiar.

190gr 30 cal

Richard did tell me that he thought a 190g .308 Al tipped version he was working on would stabilize in a 1 in 10 twist.

Thats my fault. We have MAtch Rifle shooters here that are limited to a 308 cartrige and they shoot out to 1200 yards. Most of them already use 10 twists so i have organised with Richard for him to make the heaviest projectile that will stabalise in a 10 twist pushed by a 308. The offshoot of this is they will also work in all factory 30 cal rifles. We are ordering a 34" 30 cal barrel aswell for a shooter here so he can shoot any projectile from 190gr up to the 215gr Alloy Tiped Wildcat.

Cheers Bill
Australia

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.