• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Vintage Remington 788 .243 win Unfired

True vintage meat and potatoes gun, very nice!, someone is going to get a good one. 👍
Mike

I have this same rifle that I got for Christmas as a kid 45 years ago. I took my first deer with it and have mentored 8 new hunters that also took their first deer with it. Always has shot lights out and was even used again this year to take my godson's first buck

Attachments

• IMG_1392.jpeg
    IMG_1392.jpeg
    473.7 KB · Views: 36
I have this same rifle that I got for Christmas as a kid 45 years ago. I took my first deer with it and have mentored 8 new hunters that also took their first deer with it. Always has shot lights out and was even used again this year to take my godson's first buck
That is pretty awesome! What a good legacy of kids and firearms! Tradition and legacy!

My daughter killed her first buck with this rifle in 22-250. It was my Grandpa's passed down to me and eventually will go to her. Deadly accurate these rifles can really shoot some great groups. Excellent rifle!

Weird how some of Remingtons "cheap" rifles actually shot as well, if not better, than their BDLs. Faster lock time, for one thing, IIRC. Beautiful rifle from a simpler era. GLWS.

Weird how some of Remingtons "cheap" rifles actually shot as well, if not better, than their BDLs. Faster lock time, for one thing, IIRC. Beautiful rifle from a simpler era. GLWS.
Actually one of the reasons Remington stopped making this rifle is people discovered that the 788 was shooting as good as Remington's flagship 700 and stopped buying the more expensive 700 for the meat and potatoes 788.

Iv hard 3 of them. Still got one in 7-08. All moa or better. Handed it down to my son. If I didn't have a bunch of medical bills coming up it would be GONE!!!!!! Someone is missing the chance on a real gem here. GLWS

Recent Posts