Vihtavuori powders in the big .338's?

EXPRESS

Vitahvuori N560 is the most readily available powder where I live and Retumbo is not available.

There is a powder called RS80 by Swiss Reloader which should be between H1000 and RETUMBO, and there is also VV 24N41 which is a .50BMG powder that may do well in the .338 Lapua improved versions with the 300 grain bullets.

Has anyone had any experience with the Vihtavuori powders in the improved .338 Lapua based cases like the Allen Xpress, Yogi, Ackley and others alike?

Surely you can find something a little easier on the wallet !! Why not some old fashion IM R or Hodgdon.... Vitt's will work fine but $$$$$

all powders are pricey here, and it is very hard to find, or order Hodgdons and IMR.

It's €100 per kg ($60 per lb) for the VV's but the others are not usually less than 10% cheaper.

I have my dealer looking into ordering N570. It has an almost identical burn rate to Retumbo, but I suspect it has a lower load density.

H1000 is available at least for special order, but it wouldnt be the first time I ordered Hodgdon powders in this country and never recieved it.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.