Very Accurate 22lr

Ernie

SPONSOR
10-shots, 100 yards. This is my new MOA clone charger receiver, with a 14.5", chrome moly Fedderson barrel that Rich at MOA Corporation chambered and fit to his MOA receiver. The stock is Rich's as well.
When Chris Rhodes got it nothing else was finished on it or bedded.
My clone charger is the closest one in the pic.
Behind it is Chris' Super-Munk (a single-shot 22), that he customizes as well.
Bayside Custom Gunworks had to relieve some areas in the receiver and he had to grind on the bolt to make it fit.
The stock was way out of tolerance, as it had been over inletted.
Chris Rhodes fixed all of the tolerances with the bolt and the receiver and then bedded the stock to the action. He fit the picatinny rail as well.
He also fitted and aluminum cap on the bottom of the grip for better tracking.
10-shots 22lr @ 100 yards! Chris was doing the shooting.
Subtract caliber=.321
I can't wait to shoot this set-up. This is my second MOA clone Charger. Chuck McIntosh/Mac's Gunworks got my first one running for me and it is a tack driver as well.

Wow, how did I miss these nifty little "pistols"?
Is the regular item worthy without the upgrades?

Wow, how did I miss these nifty little "pistols"?
Is the regular item worthy without the upgrades?
After doing a few more, Chris discovered the "Super Munks" were built with such sloppy tolerances, that not all of them could shoot great. After that, he quit doing the mod on them.

MOA Corp is no longer in business, but modified Charger receivers or clone Charger receivers (non-designated clone receivers) that are customized can shoot real tight.

This was a day with great conditions. A local guy, who is also on this forum was going to be doing some shooting with his rifle and was kind enough to spot for me shooting my clone Charger at 500 yards on steel.
There were misses involved in this shooting too. The 10" diamond at 500 yards was just too small, but I did put a number of hits on it too.

Dang, I would like to build a non desg reciever 22LR rig.
This would be so cool.
I would guess as non designated, one could switch from rifle to pistol stocks legally?

Forgot to post a pic of that 500 yard target.
lyL1uPcl.jpg

My other clone Charger:

I've shot with "Bosing Bishop" some;), and we both love our Chargers! Mine has the 10" Kidd Match barrel and it shoots great as well. I also was lucky enough to get one of the Magnum Research Picudas. That also shoots great (Basically a match-grade Charger). I put a Horus Vision Predator scope on my Charger for awhile and my nephew killed a prairie dog with it at 477 yds. on the 7th shot at 90 MOA up from 100yd zero. But looking at that 500 yd. group of Ernie's I have no doubt he'd beat that tout suite.