Encore accuracy

Merlin

Just picked up a new encore in 22-250, with a 15" barrel. I know not the ideal platform for long range handgun, but is the most economical. I was wondering what I need to do to get the most accuracy out of it? Is there a way to bed the fore end or float the barrel? New to the handgun world, but from reading here looks like to much fun to pass up. Thanks in advance.

Merlin

Merlin,
Congrats on your first specialty pistol.
It is impossible to free float the barrel on a TC but you can install aluminum pillars in your stock and or you can buy some forends that use polymers or aluminum to get you the best possible accuracy set-up.
Also, there is one unique rest set-up that is quite different, called the Bower rest System Bower Shooting Products LLC
You would need a forend from them and have a wood grip also modified, plus the rest itself. For LR steel shooting or pd's this would be my favored choice.

For hunting circumstances Neal Cooper sells a forend that I would buy for regular hunting (with or without a bi-pod).

Thanks guys. I will be looking at both these setups. Chances are at first it will shoot better than I can shoot it. Like the idea of the pillars, I could do that myself. I think! Always nice to have access to this amount of knowledge and experience. I'll post after I get some shooting in with it.:)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.