Vertical stringing

How big was the total group? Also, you might try shooting a larger group. I will generally shoot 5 shot to 10 shot strings to determine accuracy. Is your barrel a heavy sporter contour or a varmint or target contour?

Group was 3.75" so just under moa. 3b bartlein contour

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200818-142907_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200818-142907_Chrome.jpg
    341.7 KB · Views: 110
  • Screenshot_20200818-142907_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200818-142907_Chrome.jpg
    341.7 KB · Views: 123
Beast brake on good and tight? I had an issue with my 5-port (2 piece) Beast working loose and throwing fliers. Blue Loctite fixed that.
I was doing a barrel break in on a new barrel I had and it was looking awesome. All of the sudden my bullets started to climb on me. The first was 1 inch high next 1 inch high and right next went a little higher. The rifle was shooting a nice little group for cleaning and then firing so I was confused what was happening. I looked down at my brake and it was completely loose and spinning a bit with each shot it had almost unthreaded itself. Point being a brake that isn't set and tight can make a mess

90 degrees on the trigger and a press strait back. Making sure my body is strait back and 90 degrees. On all shots today I double checked my npa by closing eyes and doing two full breathing cycles and opening my eyes on my natural pause. Also did several dry fires to make sure my reticle didn't move and it was solid. I was holding 1/2 moa at worse. Solid rear v rest. Made sure it was compressed good and snug. Making sure my cheek weld was consistent and relaxing head on rifle.
Im guessing it's still the recoil that amplifies my errors in my fundamentals.

Your fundamentals are ROCK SOLID! 👍

I was doing a barrel break in on a new barrel I had and it was looking awesome. All of the sudden my bullets started to climb on me. The first was 1 inch high next 1 inch high and right next went a little higher. The rifle was shooting a nice little group for cleaning and then firing so I was confused what was happening. I looked down at my brake and it was completely loose and spinning a bit with each shot it had almost unthreaded itself. Point being a brake that isn't set and tight can make a mess

I did check to make sure the brake was tight and it is

Group was 3.75" so just under moa. 3b bartlein contour
Light Varmint contour at 0.7 in at the muzzle. Did the fourth shot hit in line above or below the three shot group? Also, did it go left or right of the group? Does your rifle hold 3 rounds with a fourth chambered or just 3 rounds, and did you have to reload for the fourth round?

I did check to make sure the brake was tight and it is
Nice! I was more just agreeing with Deputy that it can influence vertical stringing not that you hadn't checked.
When it happened to me I had just called my buddy to come shoot the new rifle build. I was going to show him how good of a group I was shooting for barrel break in. Then it all went crazy lol.

I do but check out the wiser precision mount. It's awesome btw

Have you shot groups with that rifle with the wiser mount and magspeed attached that didn't string vertically?

I know the wiser mount is supposed to prevent any interference with accuracy, but with something hanging off the front of the stock and being 3/8" from the path of the bullet I wonder if it could be causing some sort of inconsistency with recoil or possibly an interaction between the bayo/air/bullet that's causing the stringing.

It is very interesting you had no vertical stringing when you removed it!

Have you shot groups with that rifle with the wiser mount and magspeed attached that didn't string vertically?

I know the wiser mount is supposed to prevent any interference with accuracy, but with something hanging off the front of the stock and being 3/8" from the path of the bullet I wonder if it could be causing some sort of inconsistency with recoil or possibly an interaction between the bayo/air/bullet that's causing the stringing.

It is very interesting you had no vertical stringing when you removed it!

So I haven't shot without it with this particular load but I have with h1000 and these 225's and with Berger 215's and without the magneto speed still had the vertical issue. I bought the wiser precision mount to try to diagnose the vertical issue with those loads thinking it was velocity/ barrel harmonics issue but it doesn't seem to be. I'm tired of it and am about to let it go down the road but I know I won't get near the $ I've put into it plus I wanna win this battle lol. Back with the old sendero barrel in never had these stringing issues. That was before any of the work had been done to the rifle. Maybe I'll go back out and shoot another 5 shot group without the magneto speed but with the rest and then a 5 shot group with the Harris and see if I still get the same results.

LoL!! Yes read what you sent me again. The lateral line is next to the vertical line going up and down. ( Next to ) lateral doesn't mean horizontal. Noir does it mean left or right.

You need to stop all this clown talk! People like you is why others leave this site. I've added another screenshot of the definition of "antonym". it means opposite. That plus the first line of the previous screenshot states "vertical is an antonym of lateral" and "vertical is along the direction of a plumbline...". Ever use a plumbline?
Let me help you out - A plumbline is used to make sure the vertical line is "Plumb" (up and down). The lateral is opposite of this, essentially perpendicular to the vertical. Ever hear about the lateral lines on a fish?
You can have vertical stringing that is lateral to the point of aim or lateral stringing that is vertical to the point of aim - but they are not the same. Stringing refers to a rough line that forms from a series of shots.

I'm a medical device representative with an extensive working knowledge of directions, planes, and other relevant terminology.

I no longer wish to argue with a keyboard warrior. Thank God for the "Ignore" option.
Screenshot_20200818-180457_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Screenshot_20200818-134131_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.