Varget cartridge options

Yeah, I did a similar thing last week. I have a set of scope rings that I really wanted to put through the paces so I built a new rifle to give them a place to go.
Hmmm... I have a set of EGW 30mm Tactical rings sitting in the drawer.

Varget and the 7mm-08 are pure magic.
You speak the truth. CA Arms Ridge Line. 7-08, 120 HH 45 grains of Varget, 3170 FPS. Could push it faster, but group size and consistency said stop here. For what it's worth. StABall Match shoots really, really good in a 7-08. Hope lightning doesn't strike me. It may be better.

You speak the truth. CA Arms Ridge Line. 7-08, 120 HH 45 grains of Varget, 3170 FPS. Could push it faster, but group size and consistency said stop here. For what it's worth. StABall Match shoots really, really good in a 7-08. Hope lightning doesn't strike me. It may be better.
I'm right there with you in regards to my 7-08 120 HH 45gr of Varget. Excellent for Sicilian neck ties on deer!

So you're going to setup a rifle and buy brass, bullets, and primers all because you have $250 worth of powder to burn up?

Personally I'd set it in the back of a cabinet until you find something you actually really want that just happens to be a good candidate for varget.

So you're going to setup a rifle and buy brass, bullets, and primers all because you have $250 worth of powder to burn up?

Personally I'd set it in the back of a cabinet until you find something you actually really want that just happens to be a good candidate for varget.
Having two boxes of empty brass is a good excuse for me to buy a new gun. Just sayin'.