Creedmoor options

Eat Rice

I am looking to get another 6.5 cm and recently learned that you can get the tikka ctr with a 24 inch barrel in the creed. My other options are the sako a7 long range, browning xbolt varmit stalker or long range hunter and a savage ba10 stealth. I have an xbolt lrh stainless in .300 win and love the rifle shoots excellent. And if I go custom I would probably go with 6.5-284 but cash can be tight sometimes and I dont see the point of building a custom creed with so many good factory options put there. My current 6.5 creed is a Ruger american pred. So the choices are
Sako a7 long range
Tikka t3x ctr with the 24" barrel
Xbolt varmit stalker
Xbolt lrh
Savage ba10 stealth
All of these except for the savage would eventually get a mcmillian game scout stock, I have one on my .300 win xbolt and love it.

Out of that list the Sako or one of the Brownings. Most of that is due to my own prejudice against Savages. For over twenty years Savage produced juts pure crap bouncing in and out of bankruptcy and I've never gotten over it. Saw way too many guys save, save, and save some more to get one and immediately have their hopes dashed. They've made quite a comeback but I still just can't talk myself into one.

I'm looking to get a 6.5 for hunting. I would like a 260 but the the tikka ctr in 6.5 creed is calling my name. I'm going to hold off for a bit to see if the fallow with the CTR in 260 and 308 in 24 inch configuration. I would like a longer barrel as I hope to had west and do some long range hunting. But to your question. With all the reviews on the CTR's accuracy I think its a great choice.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.