vacuum sealing machine

TackDriv3r

I went through two FoodSaver vacuum sealing machines over the years, they mostly last me maybe 3-4 seasons. I only use them to seal game meats during the hunting seasons. I am not sure if I want to buy another FoodSaver unless there is a better model that will last.

What brand / models do you guys use that would help me narrow my search for a new vacuum sealing machine. Thanks

After going through a couple foodsaver brands I went with the vacmaster vp215. Probably a little over kill for personal use but it should last forever.

I agree with Andy. We have one here on plantation and vacuum seal probably 700 lbs of game a year and it's been going strong for over 10 yrs. pricey but you get great results and it's not as liquid sensitive as the food savers. We went through 3 foodsavers in 1 season till we bought this one. It's antiquated compared to the new ones but still works

I wrap all of my meats in plastic wrap and then butcher paper. Meat that has been in the freezer for a year plus is just as good as when I put it in there. I guess I am behind the times?

3r, my game processor was the best, aged elk and deer for two weeks and everything was vacuum sealed. He was forced out of business 8 years ago. I bought a Foodsaver since all the other processors wrap only in paper. After 8 years sealing everything the Foodsaver isn't vacuuming very well. Guess I'll need an upgrade. Perhaps a vacmaster?

For "ground meat" of any kind, I have found nothing better or cheaper than regular old zip lock freezer bags. Very inexpensive and easy to zip out any air before freezing.
For every other odd shaped piece of meat a shrink wrap machine is better.

I use game bags from Lem for ground meat only straight out of the stuffer / grinder , but use vacuum seal bags for steaks, cubes, roast, and sausages, etc. I did research on the VacMaster and they do have good stuff, but not willing to spend 800 bucks on a high end who uses it for numerous deer / elk each season. I just harvest 2 to 3 whitetails a season and I see that the VacMaster Pro350 is an "all right" but better machine compared to FoodSaver.

I just cooked some Deer cubed steak sealed in a vacmaster from 2014. No freezer burn at all. Much better than a food saver. I've not used any of the newer gen foodsavers so they may be much improved

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.