V4 vs Super Trickler

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
We have not been too active on LRH for a while due to family and pet health issues.
We have two V-4 Tricklers one being used and one still in the box and a friend of ours said that the Super Trickler (don't know what anything about this Trickler) is much better. I have no knowledge of this other Trickler to be used with the 120 xi Scale.
Any thoughts?
Thanks much!
Len & Jill

I have a V3 + Ingenuity Precision Trickler,
I have a V4 + IP Trickler,
I also have a Supertrickler.

All three are on an A&D FX120i scale.

I must be fair to say the Ingenuity Precision Trickler is not cheap and takes a little work to add.
https://ingenuityprecision.com/product/ingenuity-powder-meter-preorder/

I must also be up front and say I run two identical cups for the V3 and V4 when I run them. This makes a significant difference.
I also add a second cup for the Supertrickler, but the main issue is the overthrows.

That said, I will also say these are all different in the way you must adjust or tune for load or powder changes.

The V4 is the lowest fuss, the Supertrickler is the most fussy.

If you don't like playing with software controls and programming, you won't like the Supertrickler. The Supertrickler has its own onboard display and memory, the V3/V4 uses an external tablet or your smartphone.

So either way, you are going to play with settings but fewer with the V3/V4 and a lot more with the Supertrickler.

The V3/V4 use mechanical adjustments and a few software controls. The V3 uses a powder thrower for the bulk charge and the V4 uses a separate pump, then both switch to a fine pump unless you switch it to the IP Trickler.

The Supertrickler uses a bulk pump and then switches to a vibe trickler.

When running the V3/V4 with the Ingenuity Precision Trickler, overthrows are almost completely eliminated. The Supertrickler is very fast, but, gets overthrows often.

To take advantage of the Supertrickler, you will let it start a new recipe with the autolearning, but then you will have to manually adjust several parameters to tune for optimum speed. You will still get overthrows.

When running for pure speed, my V3+Ingenuity running two cups is faster than the Supertrickler when you account for overthrows.

I hate overthrows, so I don't agree that the Supertrickler is the fastest when it always gets a significant number of overthrows in order to go fast. Folks who don't mind dumping overthrows will be happier with the Supertrickler. To be fair, the Ingenuity modification makes the difference for the V3/V4.

I was going to dump two Chargemasters when I got my first Auto-Trickler... I still have those Chargemasters.
I was going to dump the fist generation Auto-Trickler when the second one came out, and still have that.
I was going to dump the V3 when I got the V4, I still have it and I am glad I do.
I was going to dump the V3/V4 if I liked the Supertrickler better, but I still have all three and plan on keeping them.

I know I am spoiled this way, but they all do different things in a slightly better way or at least they act as a back-up in a pinch when a friend needs to borrow one.

I like them all, but for different reasons. If you must budget for just one of these, I would suggest actually sitting down with them and running them from scratch if possible. YMMV

I sold my V4 and have been running the super Trickler for about a year now. RegionRat's experience with the SuperT mirrors mine for the most part. I would add that although there are dozens of adjustments to make, you don't have to fiddle with them all to get good results. There are guys that post their settings you can copy. The self learning is helpful and should be left on. But it does tend to over throw more than my V4 ever did. The weight sorting and ladder test powder throws are worth having and work well. The one thing that that annoys me is it's messy (spills small amounts of powder) and it's hard to dump all the powder out when changing powders. If you bump the cup into the spout when putting it back or removing it from the platten, it will spill a few grains of powder. Sometimes grains will bounce out of the cup on high speed throws. Static build up makes small grain powders stick to the plastic inside the hopper. No matter how much you shake it, you can't get all the powder out. It's best to keep an air nozzle close by to blow out any powder sticking inside.

I have a V3 + Ingenuity Precision Trickler,
I have a V4 + IP Trickler,
I also have a Supertrickler.

All three are on an A&D FX120i scale.

I must be fair to say the Ingenuity Precision Trickler is not cheap and takes a little work to add.
https://ingenuityprecision.com/product/ingenuity-powder-meter-preorder/

I must also be up front and say I run two identical cups for the V3 and V4 when I run them. This makes a significant difference.
I also add a second cup for the Supertrickler, but the main issue is the overthrows.

That said, I will also say these are all different in the way you must adjust or tune for load or powder changes.

The V4 is the lowest fuss, the Supertrickler is the most fussy.

If you don't like playing with software controls and programming, you won't like the Supertrickler. The Supertrickler has its own onboard display and memory, the V3/V4 uses an external tablet or your smartphone.

So either way, you are going to play with settings but fewer with the V3/V4 and a lot more with the Supertrickler.

The V3/V4 use mechanical adjustments and a few software controls. The V3 uses a powder thrower for the bulk charge and the V4 uses a separate pump, then both switch to a fine pump unless you switch it to the IP Trickler.

The Supertrickler uses a bulk pump and then switches to a vibe trickler.

When running the V3/V4 with the Ingenuity Precision Trickler, overthrows are almost completely eliminated. The Supertrickler is very fast, but, gets overthrows often.

To take advantage of the Supertrickler, you will let it start a new recipe with the autolearning, but then you will have to manually adjust several parameters to tune for optimum speed. You will still get overthrows.

When running for pure speed, my V3+Ingenuity running two cups is faster than the Supertrickler when you account for overthrows.

I hate overthrows, so I don't agree that the Supertrickler is the fastest when it always gets a significant number of overthrows in order to go fast. Folks who don't mind dumping overthrows will be happier with the Supertrickler. To be fair, the Ingenuity modification makes the difference for the V3/V4.

I was going to dump two Chargemasters when I got my first Auto-Trickler... I still have those Chargemasters.
I was going to dump the fist generation Auto-Trickler when the second one came out, and still have that.
I was going to dump the V3 when I got the V4, I still have it and I am glad I do.
I was going to dump the V3/V4 if I liked the Supertrickler better, but I still have all three and plan on keeping them.

I know I am spoiled this way, but they all do different things in a slightly better way or at least they act as a back-up in a pinch when a friend needs to borrow one.

I like them all, but for different reasons. If you must budget for just one of these, I would suggest actually sitting down with them and running them from scratch if possible. YMMV
WOW!
Thanks for that info.

I sold my V4 and have been running the super Trickler for about a year now. RegionRat's experience with the SuperT mirrors mine for the most part. I would add that although there are dozens of adjustments to make, you don't have to fiddle with them all to get good results. There are guys that post their settings you can copy. The self learning is helpful and should be left on. But it does tend to over throw more than my V4 ever did. The weight sorting and ladder test powder throws are worth having and work well. The one thing that that annoys me is it's messy (spills small amounts of powder) and it's hard to dump all the powder out when changing powders. If you bump the cup into the spout when putting it back or removing it from the platten, it will spill a few grains of powder. Sometimes grains will bounce out of the cup on high speed throws. Static build up makes small grain powders stick to the plastic inside the hopper. No matter how much you shake it, you can't get all the powder out. It's best to keep an air nozzle close by to blow out any powder sticking inside.
There is always something "Newer" to be had.
Years ago I thought that I was the Cat's Meow with a RCBS Chargemaster, Gem Pro 250 and Dandy Trickler. Then we bought (2) V-4s and FX 120i scales. Still have a new V-4 and 120i in the box.
I saw some videos on the Super vs V-4. The Super looks good with newer programs, but extra cost and long wait times for purchase.
??????????????????
I guess for now will just stick with the V-4.
Thanks much

I love my v4. I've kept up closely with the SuperTrickler and Ingenuity setups and I've yet to see anything that makes me switch or even spend the money to try it.

I had a friend 3d print me a reducer outsert with inner spiraling for the trickler tube. It definitely helps and I rarely get an overcharge.