Utah Guide Laws?

This is actually a much bigger deal than the trail camera ban, IMO. Way more trophy animals were killed by big outfitters having extra spotters sit on game, vs having camera pics of said animal. I'm sure some will get around by having the client pay the spotters cash under the table, but I hope that most will abide by the new rules.

Look at the 2020 AZ Commissioners Elk tag, and the 470" bull that was taken. I have heard between 18-32 spotters on that ONE animal. And if you watch the video, 18 seems very conservative. I would say this pushes the "fair chase" rules to their limit and beyond.
Yeah, one of the spotters probably shot it .

I have had friends work for hunters with the 40-50k elk tags and they have 10-15 spotters all over the mtns looking for one bull. Makes it feel like there are a lot more hunters than there really are. I did watch a local guy smoke the bull the 40k tag guy was after, that made my day.

I have had friends work for hunters with the 40-50k elk tags and they have 10-15 spotters all over the mtns looking for one bull. Makes it feel like there are a lot more hunters than there really are. I did watch a local guy smoke the bull the 40k tag guy was after, that made my day.
đź‘Ť

No one wants more government control.However in this case it sure looks like its needed...
In co.several years ago we saw and talked to a warden taking down NO HUNTING,NO TRESPASSING....signs local outfitters had put up to keep people out of BLM land...

and that is why a map of the lands are handy.

when hunting public land here in NC i always keep a copy of the game land i'm on, on me

Should have finger printed the guide and spotters and barred them from guiding...

Where I used to hunt on the coast...a guide has 40000 acres leased...and most of those leases are joining public lands..which he actually controls road access.........only good part is that some of those bulls are reaching fully mature status.....350" is huge..most are 300-325"...still big for Roosevelt...
I just got back from a trip over to paint a steelhead....there was a bull just finished drying that was a bow kill...10x11...342" coastal elk....probably within 10 miles of pacific ocean lapping on the sands...
It was a beautiful elk....huge head and shoulders.....