anybody in utah

huntinfool18

im considering a taking a job in fayette and was wondering what the hunting is like and how everything works down there. any help would be apperciated. thanks huntinfool18

jeez, I dunno??? From Idaho that would may you an SOB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif (South of Border) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

PM uncleb and goodgrouper....

yea i hear about the laraime part. i had a job offer a at christensen arms as a gunsmith and figuered i should check in to the hunting frist /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

huntinfool18
there are lots of members from Utah!
Hunting is almost all draw!!
put in for the draws and then hunt Wyoming or Colorado!!
I don't hunt Utah much just live here, so i'm not much help. sorry!
CAM

Fayette is a tiny town thats fairly isolated but close to some good hunting country. It's just tough to draw tags even for the general deer hunt in some units. You can hunt Elk every year on the general season but the trophy units are near impossible to draw for.( Deer or Elk )If you're into archery you can hunt every year and for a much greater length of time.

Leaving Wyoming to work for Christensen Arms might be considered questionable at best??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif 7mmRHB

Interesting!

I am retiring from the USAF this June and looking really hard at the Salt Lake area. Any inputs?

POP
I'm not sure Utah is big nuff for UncleB and you!
UncleB was here first!!! and we LIKE him!

Anybody thinkin of moving here needs to turn your watch back 20 years. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

CAM

Well Cheyenne is not a up to date thriving modernized Metropolis either you know.

As far as Uncle B goes... oh well, life sux.

Liberals in Utah?

Now that is shocking!

I grew up in Utah, left about 20 years ago; hope I NEVER have to go back!!! I always thought of Utah as "California East." People there always seemed to have Cali-envy.

Since I left it looks like the fishing has gotten a lot better, but I only know what I read.

Good luck.

Huntinfool-
The fishing is great in Utah. Fayette is a great town if you like hunting and fishing too. When you get in and get settled shoot me a pm and I will be more than happy to show you around. Congrats on moving to Utah. If you like big mule deer and huge elk you have come to the right place. By the way are you looking to work at the Christensen Arms place??

[ QUOTE ]
I grew up in Utah, left about 20 years ago; hope I NEVER have to go back!!! I always thought of Utah as "California East." People there always seemed to have Cali-envy.
Since I left it looks like the fishing has gotten a lot better, but I only know what I read.

Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cali-envy....Maybe there are some that feel that way but not anyone I know. I bet you talked to a new resident that just moved here from California. California residents are moving here like crazy.

Cali-envy???? You have got to be kidding! Most folks born and raised here in the prettiest state in the country wish all the Cali-commis would go back where they came from! In that respect, we aren't much different from Montana, Colorado, Arizona or Idaho.

Now before some good Californians throw a tantrum at me, realize I'm talking about the Calis who move here and try to impose their politics on those of us who lived here long before the eastward migration. I realize those of you who are leaving the state because it doesn't agree with your guns have to go somewhere. I just don't like all the (D) Calis moving here trying to turn Utah into L.A. So it may have looked like Utahns were trying to turn Utah in Cali-east, but in fact, it was removed Calis trying to turn Utah into a weird version of their old home.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.