anybody in utah

Smog in SLC in the winter and believe it or not, SLC is turning into a liberal city while the rest of the state is very republican and constitutionalist. It is similiar to the Nevada/las vegas relationship.

Fayette is a tiny town like 7mmrhb and others have said. It doesn't even have a traffic light. To get supplies and groceries, you will have to head 15 minutes south to Gunnison and even there things are kind of sparse.

If you do take the job, maybe you can straighten up that mess down there. Great marketing and hype, but they lack quality and vision. They need someone who knows how to really make a quality-machined, precision instrument. But they have had that type in the past and they didn't keep their jobs very long! Politics, politics, politics....

thanks guys for all the good info. i go down on friday for an interview we shall see what happens. i dont think it would be a bad place to live altough i dont like the way the run the hunting stuff. huntinfool18

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
POP
I'm not sure Utah is big nuff for UncleB and you!
UncleB was here first!!! and we LIKE him!

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said

As far as Uncle B (or anyone else that is ) oh well, life sux. get over it.

I do everyday. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I appologize for my earlier post. After I posted it I reread it and relized I should elaborate more.

I lived in Ogden and hung around between there and SLC. And as Big Bear said; LOTS of liberals. I must admit I have little experience south of Provo but I have heard lots of good things. Also, I agree 100% that Utah is a very beautiful state and has many outdoor opportunities.

Again, my experience with those trying to "keep up with the Jonses" and the liberals left a bad taste but I should not have let a sample effect my opinion of the whole state.

I didn't mean to step on any toes, sorry!

Good luck in your choices.

SLC = LIBERALs what else would you expect with a mayor like Rocky Anderson.Or the former mayor DeeDEE Coradeny.

Better places than SLC to live in Utah......too much concrete....too many winter inversions....too many drive bys....way too much traffic........

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.