Utah 2010 deer

338 bruce

I took my daughter deer hunting to our favorite spot in southern utah looking to win the rifle in the big buck contest. This buck came out at 400 yds and at first took our breath away. After a closer look we decided it was too small to win the rifle and let it go. It gave her four more chances and on the last she shot it at 104 yds. The 375 Tejas 260 gn accubond entered thru the guts passing thru the liver and lungs exiting just behind the shoulder leaving the hole shown and covering the ground with blood and guts. The deers legs went stiff, took two steps backwards and fell over. The antlers are 5 X 5 with a 27" outside spread.

gun.jpg

2010deer4.jpg

2010deer.jpg

Tell your daughter congrats from all of us. Anytime you have a "small" buck that size I'll be more than happy to come out and shoot him for you :D

what case is this 375 tejas built off of and what type of velocity are you getting on the 260 accubond and how long of barrel on gun.
thanks,

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.