Using a Garmin Alpha 100 with OnX maps

FlGunner

Has anyone ever used a Garmin Alpha 100 in conjunction with OnX maps? It is primarily a dog tracker but is also a GPS. I have downloaded birds eye maps for where I hunt here in Florida and use it as a navigation unit for marking stands, trails to get in and out, etc... and have read that this unit is compatible as a stand alone gps with OnX maps on their website. My purpose will be to buy the Colorado chip for a public land hunt next year. I know a lot of guys out west use this exact unit hunting cats and wasn't sure if they were working off of Garmin maps or using OnX.

I use OnX in my Alpha, I like it a lot. It shows not only public lands but in Montana it also shows private land owners and private land enrolled into Block Management.

Agreed. I run hounds in Idaho and have been using On-x with my alpha. Works great and no questions asked about property ownership. Great for peace of mind

How do you use the On-X ( In conjunction) I use the Astro 220 and often use Hunt stand but they are not connected .

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.