Upgrade Bino & Rangefinder

79m1a-texas

Looking to upgrade the bino/rangefinder. Currently have a Vortex Fury HD 5000. Like the system but want more magnification other than 10x. Western style hunting conditions. Considering straight binos and getting a separate rangefinder. Like the Leica Geovid R15x56 combo. Any other choices to consider?

Just got back from plinking ground squirrels. I had the fury 5000ab and the viper 10x42 hd.if you don't need the ranging the viper hd was much nicer I thought.

NL pure 12X42's and a Revic BR4 is what I use now. I definitely miss having ranging binoculars because they are much more handy for ranging things. But the NL pures are just too good not to use.
That's an interesting perspective. I didn't think of it in those terms. I guess in a perfect world all three would be nice lol.

That's an interesting perspective. I didn't think of it in those terms. I guess in a perfect world all three would be nice lol.
That's for sure! I for two years I carried the 10x42 Zeiss RF binos (which are excellent), Swaro 15X56 HD's and an 80mm Swaro spotter.

Saved a ton of weight by just switching to the 12x42 NL's and the Revic BR4. And then gained a little weight back by going with the 88mm KOWA instead of the 80mm Swaro. I feel very content with my current setup now!

Looking to upgrade the bino/rangefinder. Currently have a Vortex Fury HD 5000. Like the system but want more magnification other than 10x. Western style hunting conditions. Considering straight binos and getting a separate rangefinder. Like the Leica Geovid R15x56 combo. Any other choices to consider?
Go Leica Geovid I have a few pairs of Leica binos, love them. The 10x42 R Geovid is in my humble opinion the best I've ever used to hunt with, it's all about clarity over power. Good luck Cheers

That's for sure! I for two years I carried the 10x42 Zeiss RF binos (which are excellent), Swaro 15X56 HD's and an 80mm Swaro spotter.

Saved a ton of weight by just switching to the 12x42 NL's and the Revic BR4. And then gained a little weight back by going with the 88mm KOWA instead of the 80mm Swaro. I feel very content with my current setup now!
It's all on what works for you for sure. I've used just Minox binos and a Leica rangefinder for about a decade, maybe more. And would love a bino/ rangefinder/ ballistic app combo. I maybe just concentrate on a decent rangfinder with ballistic app built in. I have an older Meopta spotting scope that I can add to the set up.

I also have been using the nl 12s with the BR4. Been pretty happy. I had the 88 kowa with that setup but am going to a lighter spotter. Hoping kowa announces the 66 this year or I'll give the swaro ATC a go.

Recent Posts