Scope/bino/rangefinder upgrades on $1100 budget

Bfish22

Michigan, northern part of lower peninsula
so here's where I'm at. I saved up $1100 for a new compound bow, but now thinking I may want to do some hunting glass upgrades instead. Think there'd be a lot more value to my deer hunting than a new bow. So keeping my budget at $1100 for now. I have an idea of what I'm going to do, looking for opinions/suggestions.

I currently have no scope on my backup rifle. Looking for lightweight with zero stop and good glass. Leupold vx-5hd 2-10 is where I'm pretty sure I'm going with this.

My bino's are cheap bushnell h2o 10x40. Thinking either vortex Diamondback or maybe vanguard endeavor ed. Looking for better clarity and low light definition. Or do I really need to save up for better models?

My rangefinder is an older bushnell maybe 1000-1200 yard model that sometimes has trouble getting ranges. A lit red readout is essential for low light. Thinking either Leica 2000-b or vortex ranger 1800.

I think I'd be getting some really good upgrades here. Anything else or models that I'm missing or deals to be had that I should know about?

My 2 cents worth. I believe that in most cases glass is one thing that you get what you pay for. (Yes there are always the exception to the rule). Remembering this is a long range forum. You didn't advise the distance you would be shooting, but for a long range scope I feel parllex adjustment is needed. While I do like the vx5 the one you have listed doesn't have parllex adjustment. So you might consider moving up to the 3-15. The binoculars I would suggest saving up for a quality pair. Especially if you are the type of person to use them a lot. Less headaches, better light, clearer. Just an overall better experience and probably more proned to use them. Range finder. Don't own one but most things I have read about the Leica are positive. Don't forget to consider used. Sometimes you can save some serious coin and get darn good quality. These are just some of my thoughts, does not make them right. Good luck, have fun and be safe.

Thanks for the response. I guess I was pretty vague in describing main use. The scope will be used on my 260 rem that I use in my shorter range stands, 250 yards and in. I realize being able to dial probably isn't necessary at that range, but would like the option anyways. Not sure if parallax adjustment is necessary at that range. I have a gen 1 razor that will be going on my 7mm rem mag for longer range hunting. I do agree that a 3-15 would be a nicer option, just seeing if I can fit all these in my current budget. May end up just satisfying 2 of the 3.

I would agree that at 250 in parallax wouldn't be as important. And at those distances you probably don't need a lot of power. Have a great day.

My 2 cents is even 2 of the 3 will be tough on your budget. If it were me I would do one at a time with real good quality you will not need to upgrade for a good long time. The binos you mentioned did not really sound like upgrades. What is your real need of the 3 items you want to upgrade. Pick it and upgrade that first If you already bowhunt my choice would be the range finder. My choice would be a Lieca there and as mentioned see if you can find a pair of used Lieca Geovids in your budget price. This will give you 2 of your 3 and both top quality. Hope this helps you a little.

so here's where I'm at. I saved up $1100 for a new compound bow, but now thinking I may want to do some hunting glass upgrades instead. Think there'd be a lot more value to my deer hunting than a new bow. So keeping my budget at $1100 for now. I have an idea of what I'm going to do, looking for opinions/suggestions.

I currently have no scope on my backup rifle. Looking for lightweight with zero stop and good glass. Leupold vx-5hd 2-10 is where I'm pretty sure I'm going with this.

My bino's are cheap bushnell h2o 10x40. Thinking either vortex Diamondback or maybe vanguard endeavor ed. Looking for better clarity and low light definition. Or do I really need to save up for better models?

My rangefinder is an older bushnell maybe 1000-1200 yard model that sometimes has trouble getting ranges. A lit red readout is essential for low light. Thinking either Leica 2000-b or vortex ranger 1800.

I think I'd be getting some really good upgrades here. Anything else or models that I'm missing or deals to be had that I should know about?

If you are going to get vortex binos I would recommend nothing less that the vipers. They will have about 88% light transmission, razors and such will have a little more light, color and a little more weight.
For range finders the kilo 2200 will get you out further than most of you can shoot.

And I personally wouldn't waste price on leupold scopes. Not for long range precision anyways. Tracking issues more often that not.

Tract makes some very, very good binos with Schott glass. I purchase a pair and have been blown away. Enough that I sold my Swaro EL's. The glass is that good. I am trying to get some feed back on their Tract 30mm scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.