Looking to Upgrade Rangefinder

jraulsten

Would like some opinions on late model rangefinders you have experience with. What were your likes and dislikes. I currently have a Leica 1600-B that has been great but I know many improvements have been made in the areas of speed, beam size, distance, etc. I'm getting ready to retire (again) and want to start shooting some PRS matches with some already retired hunting buddies so I will be using the rangefinder for both hunting and competition. I was too cheap to buy a Kestrel so I use Geoballistics Ballisticsarc with the Weatherflow Weather Meter and accordingly don't really have a need for one that links with a Kestrel. That is unless someone can convince me that the Kestrel is much better.

Would also like to keep the cost to 1K or less if possible so that leaves out rangefinding binoculars.....Except the Vortex Fury with my military discount. Anyone who has used the Fury please let me know what you think about it. I've heard the Leica 3500 is an amazing rangefinder on its own but has bluetooth issues. Just too many darn choices out there. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Today's a great day to call us to discuss different options and what would be best for you as it's the last day of our Month End Call In Sale.
This sale runs through the end of business today, 5:30 Eastern time. Please call us at 516-217-1000 to discuss what you're looking for and special pricing.

I am also a Leica fan. While I've heard the 3500 is probably one of the best rangefinders for the money, the bluetooth connectivity is lost if you don't stay within 6 feet or so of the Kestrel. I'm sure Leica will or already has fixed the problem.
Work good in snow bright light conditions?

Yes the Bluetooth is limited, but it is an awesome rangefinder. Not a concern for me.

I've been super happy with my Leica bino/rangefinder combo. You can actually input your rifle ballistics into the rangefinder. It automatically adjusts for distance and elevation. Why carry both binos plus range finder?

Yes the Bluetooth is limited, but it is an awesome rangefinder. Not a concern for me.
Thanks for that info. My better half won't be happy but I think I see a Kestrel in my future........

Ive had about 4 Lieca models,then a Terrapin that broke and no good warranty.Now I have Sig 2400ABS,Lot of guys over on long range only run it.

Today's a great day to call us to discuss different options and what would be best for you as it's the last day of our Month End Call In Sale.
This sale runs through the end of business today, 5:30 Eastern time. Please call us at 516-217-1000 to discuss what you're looking for and special prici
Call Doug at Camera Land, he'll hook you up on the Leica.
Broke down and ordered a Kestrel..........Now I just need a good deal from Doug on the 3500;)

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.