Unit 66 Anterless Elk, Colorado

GonzoK34

Good news, My brother and I were successful in drawing anterless elk tags for the 3rd Season. We plan to hunt the Alpine Plateau in the general vacinity of County Road 867.

Does anyone have any experience hunting there?

If so, please share with me.

Thanks,
Gonzo

If your'e already on top it's beautiful country. Getting up there can be treacherous though if it gets snowy.

Been many years since we were up there, and the horses and mules sure came in handy. If it gets the least bit wet or snowy the South east face can be nasty as hell.

Also if it does snow much, they'll be moving down the west side in a hurry. Bad place for man or beast to get hung up if it gets bad.

Thanks. I have been researching the Colorado Hunting Atlas and Google Earth. I also spoke with a neighbor who has friend in Lake City. Hopefully I'll hear from them.

My Brother is a Retired Master Sergeant, Artillery, USMC.
I served 5 years, Infantry/Recon, USMC, 3 back to back tours Vietnam.
We're both Disabled Veterans.

Thank You for your Service. I had the pleasure of working with Ranger LRRP Teams in 1966,67. Great guys.

Gonzo
SEMPER FIDELIS

Thanks. I have been researching the Colorado Hunting Atlas and Google Earth. I also spoke with a neighbor who has friend in Lake City. Hopefully I'll hear from them.

My Brother is a Retired Master Sergeant, Artillery, USMC.
I served 5 years, Infantry/Recon, USMC, 3 back to back tours Vietnam.
We're both Disabled Veterans.

Thank You for your Service. I had the pleasure of working with Ranger LRRP Teams in 1966,67. Great guys.

Gonzo
SEMPER FIDELIS
If there's ANYTHING I can do you help you guys out let me know. I might even be able to get a friend and former marine to come up and help. He was a top guide in CO and NM for a good many years, and I'd trust him with anything I have including some pretty nice horses... .

Sine Pari Brother. Thanks to you and yours for showing us the path. Those who have walked the path know. Thos who haven't will never understand.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts