Unis Ginex and Aguila Primers

I'm using IMR4350 powder and 180 gr Nosler Accubond bullets.
I also shot some loads I made close to 1 year ago.76 gr Staball HD powder and 180 gr Accubond bullets.Could not get much accuracy and was told I most likely wouldn't get a great group.Powder is slow and great for 190 gr and up and even better for 200 gr and up bullets.
I will try that later.Right now I am focusing on 180 gr Accubond.
I may have to change powders as the last time I saw IMR4350 it was 64.99 for 1 pound!I think it was Powder Valley.
Right now I have a few pounds left and almost done with testing.
Edit to add:I have not given up on 185 gr Bergers.I used to shoot good groups with them.

I'm using IMR4350 powder and 180 gr Nosler Accubond bullets.
I also shot some loads I made close to 1 year ago.76 gr Staball HD powder and 180 gr Accubond bullets.Could not get much accuracy and was told I most likely wouldn't get a great group.Powder is slow and great for 190 gr and up and even better for 200 gr and up bullets.
I will try that later.Right now I am focusing on 180 gr Accubond.
I may have to change powders as the last time I saw IMR4350 it was 64.99 for 1 pound!I think it was Powder Valley.
Right now I have a few pounds left and almost done with testing.
Edit to add:I have not given up on 185 gr Bergers.I used to shoot good groups with them.
Thanks. IMR4350 and 180 grn Noslers (BT or AB) is where I first had succsess with LR primer in 300WBY. Also with IMR 7828 with 180 grn bullets.

Yea I know that.Thats why I do most of my test loads in winter,spring or fall.Not in the middle of summer.
Even my 69.0 gr load will be way over the top in the heat of our summers.
Have been using IMR4350 since early 1970's.I have history with it although the lot numbers change a bit each 1 pound or 8 pound keg.

Going over notes on recent visit to shooting range and found something folks may want to know.
69.0 gr IMR4350 with Genix primers gave higher velocities!Fiocchi primers were a tad lower velocities but better accuracy in my rifle.
69.0 gr IMR4350 and Ginex l r primers average=2988 fps 5 shot string.
IMR4350 and Fiocchi l r primers=2962 fps 5 shot string.
Allowed 1-1 1/2 minutes on cool morning for barrel to cool.

Something else rooster, I'm no scientist and only refer to charts I've copied but imr4350 isn't terribly temperature sensitive. Temperature sensitivity chart.jpg

Something else rooster, I'm no scientist and only refer to charts I've copied but imr4350 isn't terribly temperature sensitive. View attachment 563640
Thats a cool chart crashlanding,I'm going to copy and paste for future reference.Not the worst of temp sensitive powders!
I reloaded with IMR4350 since the early 1970's and never had a major problem.
The one time I had an issue was summer and I was so close to max loads that it caused wipes on brass and a tiny amout resistance to open the bolt.I knew not to go anymore buring summer but I was trying to get a hunting load for a friend before his fall hunt.Mornings were better and got it done.

I have a brick of the Cam Pro primers coming and was concerned abut the name.I read they were rebranded Genis primers but I found a different website that shows it in print:
It's for real!Genix primers

Last edited: