Unis Ginex and Aguila Primers

testing the Ginex in 223 with 69gr and Ramshot tac with good success and consistency, they do seat tight as already mentioned. in the 22 grendel with 88 eldm the sd is in high single digits with great accuracy.
the Fiocchi srp are also a great alternative to the cci, winchester at a much better price and availability. have not tried the Aguila primers.

I just picked up a 1000 ginex from republic ammunition to give them a try. I'm loading for just a 30.30 at the moment so nothing conclusive. Now only take this as an "assumption" on my part. The primer boxes are marked 7.62x51, my research, again "assumption", is that since they are military type primers, they "might" be on the magnum side of burn due to ball powders and ignition in cold weather. I won't start loading for a 7prc for another month when things warm up around here, they, with a find of rl26 (4lbs), has got me excited for another round of load development for it

Yep crashlanding you are just below us so I know about snowy weather.It got down right cold here in Montana.
I can't shoot right now as the snow at our shooting range is too deep to try.I'll wait it out.
Very interested in hearing about those primers.All I have heard so far is good things.
I'll be on the lookout for them in the future.

Ginex fit very tight to the point i have to use my ram prime. I have to use both hands on a hand primer to seat them and then its hit and miss. No exp with aguila
I have been using these, they are consistent, but tough to seat.
They work Great in Hornady Brass.
Or any other brass that might have worn pockets, get 2 or 3 more firings.
Hope this helps. 👍

I am reviving this thread as a maybe!
Since everyone says the Fiocchi seems to be a bit hotter than standard large rifle Primers I am going to load a few in 300 win mag regular loads and see if it is a possible "maybe" replacement for hard to find large rifle magnum primers.
Still waiting out weather problems but will report as soon as possible.

Our snow is melting but still is plenty present.Have not gone to the range yet but hope to go soon.
We had a serious water leak and we spent the past 4 days trying to get a tub/shower Kohler system to work and finally took it down and returned it and got a Delta and finally got it installed and no leaks.
I would not work that hard for money!My son in law does plumbing work all the time and checked on us and made recommendations and it helped.As of Friday at 5:00 pm were done!
I'll get a dozen rounds loaded with Fiocchi Large Rifle Primers and give it a go on Monday and give a report.
Edit to add:We have snow coming so it all depends on how much snow we get.I am hopeful for Monday but we will see how much snow stays on the ground

Last edited:
Did some testing with the ginex primer's today, it was a beautiful day to shoot, storm we had for the last two days passed. First picture are numbers from last week using RL26 for the first time ahead of a federal 215 primer, velocity at 65.7 grains was 2900 fps, this was merely a velocity work up, there were no pressure signs and room to keep going. Rifle is a Seekins element 7mm prc with a 22" barrel
IMG_3055.jpeg
Second picture are my notes today using ginex primers, first 5 shots using no crimp and numbers are sporadic, second 5 shots are with an eighth turn on my crimping die, the numbers seemed to flatten out
IMG_3056.jpeg
More testing is needed, accuracy ran 1 moa which is disappointing as I've done much better but at a loss of 100 fps, typically 1/2 moa so I will continue to work at it. As far as the ginex primers go, the #1 complaint is hard seating which are tight but doable. I've never been one to hand prime, always used the ram from my press so for me was a non issue, in fact, no more difficult to seat than the 215's, primer pockets are tight on the adg brass that I have. So loading for the year has begun, I'm already many steps ahead of where I was at last year with a much broader powder selection and primers to boot