ultralight actions??

Buzzsaw

which one is best?

leaning towards a Pierce now

do like a integrated rail

will be used for ultralight hunting rifle build

I love my Pierce. A machined in rail or mini rail would be nice but you have more options without.

+1 on a Pierce Ti action. I have one with the new Nitride treated Ti bolt.
It's a light one, at 16 oz. I also picked up a Murphy precision Ti rail.
Both companies are great people to deal with.

I really like the guys and actions of Lone Peak Arms. There action are great.

Brian

I really like the guys and actions of Lone Peak Arms. There action are great.

Brian

+1 on the Lone Peak. I built a 270 SS on one and it works and shoots great. I understand that you can even get a TI bolt now and save even more weight.
270SS Lightweight.jpg

I sold my Pierce because it would bind when working the action without moving it down from my shoulder. I called Pierce about it. Their solution was choke up on the bolt.

I sold my Pierce because it would bind when working the action without moving it down from my shoulder. I called Pierce about it. Their solution was choke up on the bolt.

I don't know about the Pierce, but Lone Peak nitrides the bolt which really helps reduce the binding.......Rich

I will say Pierce will build you whatever you want. If you want it nitrided they will do it. If you want it cerakoted they will. I have only cycled one titanium so I can not compare but I am satisfied with mine. I think it is as smooth as any of the other manufacturers' stainless actions. My benchrest actions were in a different league. My chrome moly nitrided Pierce is the smoothest hunting action I have cycled and I have cycled most.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts