• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Ula, Nula or Forbes

tfountain

Interested in picking up one of these for my son's birthday. Preferably something lower recoil like 7mm08, but any caliber will be considered. Thanks!

Absolutely love my ULA/270, what a fantastic present that would be! I bought mine for my 60th a while back. Fantastic piece, I had a 22/250 with 8 twist on order from Melvin, unfortunately he sold the biz

Absolutely love my ULA/270, what a fantastic present that would be! I bought mine for my 60th a while back. Fantastic piece, I had a 22/250 with 8 twist on order from Melvin, unfortunately he sold the biz
I have a couple non ula .270s. Super caliber, but mine are too heavy for the boy.....want to give him a rifle he would be happy to keep for a lifetime.

Just a thunk, but a Kimber Montana 84L in 270 is a heck of a rig for the cheddar and a lot easier to find.

How old is the young man, if you were closer this way we could take him to the range and let him wreck havoc with the gongs with mine. He'd freaking love it! If you can highly consider the #2 contour if you have the choice...

He will be turning 8 and has tagged along on quite a few hunts and harvests so far. He likes to plink and think he can handle a hunting rig with supervision now. I've looked at the Kimber mt, but have seen mixed reviews on accuracy.....have also looked at the Kimber ascent, but same issues as I've read.

I have a Kimber Montana in .223 and it shoots cheap Federal ammo under an inch. Also have. ULA in .17 REM. but not selling either of them at this point.

He will be turning 8 and has tagged along on quite a few hunts and harvests so far. He likes to plink and think he can handle a hunting rig with supervision now. I've looked at the Kimber mt, but have seen mixed reviews on accuracy.....have also looked at the Kimber ascent, but same issues as I've read.
My Montana is a 84M in 308. I have two dials for it, with the dial for the 125 Youth load he'd shoot it all freaking day!

When I got the gun (about 11 years ago) I put 27 different loads thru it. The average for all those loads was just over .75" for 3 rounds.

IMO, most of the accuracy complaints on the Kimber is stemming from shooter issues not gun issues. I know for me if I'm not on my game and get sloppy with my technique it'll point it out rather quickly!

My Montana is a 84M in 308. I have two dials for it, with the dial for the 125 Youth load he'd shoot it all freaking day!

When I got the gun (about 11 years ago) I put 27 different loads thru it. The average for all those loads was just over .75" for 3 rounds.

IMO, most of the accuracy complaints on the Kimber is stemming from shooter issues not gun issues. I know for me if I'm not on my game and get sloppy with my technique it'll point it out rather quickly!
Completely understand that. I built a 4.5 lb 308 and added weight to it. Could see my heart beat in the reticle. Wasn't my cup of tea for shooting over 400 yds

Recent Posts